Nelson Worldwide Alpharetta GA Georgia
5 days ago
We are seeking an Architect to join our Civic, Community, Justice & Education Practice team to lead multiple projects through the design process, production of construction documents, and construction administration as part of a project team. Develops solutions to technical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Good understanding of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
• Ability to adhere to project budgets and schedules.
• Good knowledge of building regulations, life safety codes and ADA requirements.
• Good knowledge of the construction process.
• Good knowledge of design techniques, tools, and processes involved in production of Construction Documents.
• Good knowledge of product specifications and detailing.
• Basic knowledge of LEED and Well requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks as needed to complete within the identified time frame.
• Ability to hand draw and sketch.
• Required: Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop or Revit, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam Revu,
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup
• Basic knowledge of MS Project
• Basic knowledge of Newforma Project Center
• Basic knowledge of Deltek
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Assist project team with design and technical questions during the project.
• Share knowledge with the entire studio and be a resource to the entire NELSON staff.
• Be a mentor to staff, including Interns.
• Contribute as a Team Leader, on an as needed basis as it relates to individual performance & development within the project team.
• Embrace specific steps to create, develop and promote a diverse workforce and to promote an inclusive environment
• Assist with proposal and contract documents.
• Contribute to the work plan for each project.
• Prepare and oversee the preparation of Concept, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents using software skills listed above.
• Conduct field surveys as required.
• Generate overall project design concepts.
• Develop and/or oversee the development of design concepts into complete design development set and further advance into complete construction drawings.
• Oversee material research and compilation of project data and incorporation throughout the project.
• Prepare project specifications.
• Communicate with project team members and resolve drawing discrepancies independently.
• Coordinate and incorporate work of internal and external project consultants.
• Oversee the preparation of Addenda and Bulletin documentation.
• Review Shop Drawings.
• Sign and seal drawings as needed.
• Review, respond to and track RFI’s.
• Attend construction meetings, make periodic site observation visits as required by contract.
• Prepare and update punch lists as required.
• Adhere to NELSON standards in the preparation of deliverables.
• Review and correct your own work and work of the project team including both internal and external consultants following established QA procedures.
• Review and understand applicable building codes and other standards (including Accessibility Standards).
• Prepare zoning and building code analysis and review.
• Assist with the timely submittal of drawings to the appropriate authorities having jurisdiction
• Oversee the maintenance and archiving of electronic project files.
• Understand project scope and identify items that are beyond the original scope of services and bring to attention of project lead.
• Draft Client agreement change orders and Sub Consultant agreement change orders as directed by project lead.
• Prepare meeting agendas, meeting minutes, phone conversation notes, etc. to document the progress of the project and directions received from the Client.
• Attend project meetings.
• Share knowledge with other teammates and assist team with design and/or detailing challenges.
• Maintain secondary client contact as back up to primary contact.
• Assist in secondary marketing by maintaining good working relationships with Client contacts.
• Attend interviews as requested by project lead, Studio or Market Leaders
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations Required:
Architectural license in at least one (1) state.
Education / Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University plus:
• Architect: 8+ years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience working in the field of Architecture.
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) and AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop or Revit. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Deltek, MS Project, and Newforma preferred.
Alpharetta GA USA
Architect - Civic, Community, Justice & Education Practice. Alpharetta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.