Lafarge Canada Inc
Lafarge Canada Inc Calgary Canada
1 week ago
Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
The successful candidate will become part of a construction team in Calgary, AB focused on Municipal
and Commercial projects such as Roadbuilding, Concrete Restoration, Asphalt Resurfacing and Parking
• Daily safety documentation
• Participate in tool box talks
• Safety Training as needed
• Work directly with superintendents, estimators, project managers and foremen ensuring all are informed of project requirements, timelines, and obligations regarding GPS performance
• Use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D... Topcon 3D Office, Trimble Business Centre and Magnet Office software to build surfaces for use in 3D Machine Control
• Interim and final quantities
• Attain and compile data for use of machine control GPS
• Monthly project progressing
• Monitor quantities using GPS
• Upload, maintain and troubleshoot GPS systems in Graders, Dozers, and Skidsteers
• Checking grades and survey layout
• Aid field staff using 3D machine control
• File Management
• Monitor and track project costs
• Preliminary Survey
Educations and Experiences:
• Education in Civil Engineering or Geomatic Technology
• Road construction experience is an asset
Daily Work Details:
• Work locations are in and around Calgary and will vary during the construction season
• Hours of may consist of nightshift work
• Start dates vary depending on spring conditions and work usually concludes in mid-November
Pay & Benefits:
• Offering competitive wages as well as health and dental. RRSP matching available after probation period.
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
Check out our YouTube channel to learn more about our operations and see all career opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
About the Company:
Lafarge Canada Inc
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.