Deloitte Australia Canberra ACT Australia
1 week ago
Job Requisition ID: 32249
• Flexible work arrangements
• Global opportunities – for the travel bugs out there!
• Reimbursements for professional development
Be a part of the Deloitte Tax & Legal digital transformation – we are shifting and changing the way we work; who we are, what we do and how we do it. As a Consultant in our Tax Technology Consulting team, you can expect to help businesses pioneer best practice standards using technology to run tax processes, controls, outputs and automation solutions. You bring along your tax experience and let us teach you how to become a Tax Technology Consultant.
The location of the position is flexible within Australia, likely Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra or Perth.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Consultant in Tax Technology, you’ll be working with a diverse team to design and deliver the tax function of the future. You’ll work on client and internal engagements, balancing the tension between delivering efficiently today... and innovating for tomorrow.
Your areas of focus will include:
• Designing, building and implementing digital tools to streamline and automate processes for clients .
• Supporting clients in their digital transformation journey .
• Applying tax technical skills to client technology and data projects.
• Working side-by-side with data analysts to deliver tax solutions .
• Using analytical and statistical concepts for insight .
• Visualising client data for meaning and impact .
• Adding value to your clients, the Firm, and your career in equal measure.
About the team
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team who truly value workplace agility, diversity of thought and approach, and individual strengths. Working across our Tax and Legal business and partnering with our Consulting practice you will gain valuable insights into the way we work and be supported to innovate to continue our business growth. Working with the Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) team will also give you ample learning and development opportunities to broaden your professional skillset as well as opportunities to make a difference in how we, as a firm, conduct our day-to-day tasks.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You’re an advocate for change and excited about process improvement, innovative technologies, transforming a business and having variety in the work you do. You’ll bring experience in one or more of the following competencies:
• Tertiary qualifications in Accounting and/or Tax Law
• Excellent communication skills
• Openness to learning new technologies
• Having a high attention to detail
• 1-2 years background in a mid-tier or Big 4 accounting firm
• Intermediate to Advance level Excel skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to improve the client’s experience
• Familiarity or an interest in with SQL, Python and other scripting languages is a bonus!
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider
Canberra ACT Australia
Jobs in Canberra ACT Australia
Tax Technology Consultant Canberra ACT jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.