AMETEK Brentwood NY United States
1 week ago
At AMETEK INTROTEK, you’ll work in a small, team-based environment, while enjoying the support and opportunities of a large, international corporation.
The S ales Application Engineer is the key technical advisor and product advocate for all Introtek products. Primary responsibilities include generating new business, managing qualified customer projects/applications to production and ensures... growth of existing accounts Must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. Technical/Sales Experience in the Medical / BioPharm OEM markets a plus.
Main responsibility for hunting down new customers and winning accounts with emphasis on the Medical, BioPharm and Life Sciences markets. Knowledge of Medical OEM markets a plus. Demonstrated sales capabilities for growing sales and meeting customer specifications by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities including the following but are not limited to:
• Consult with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Purchasing when necessary.
• Recommend changes to standard drawings and procedures
• Assist with production problems when necessary.
• Prepare documentation check sheets
• Assist with Inspectors and Expeditors in connection with orders.
• Work on the daily schedule, meeting departmental goals to improve throughout time.
• Write up all Sales work orders.
• Respond to all customer inquiries and representative inquiries pertaining to order status and delivery.
• Prepare quotations and log them.
• Provide product, application, and trouble shooting assistance for customers and representative.
• Help coordinate field/lab evaluation of customer samples with standard, special and new product prototypes.
• Qualify and track all sales lead responses from advertising and trade shows. Coordinate with the Sales Manager and representatives, potential new customers requiring additional sales activities.
• Enter leads to product database, contact prospective accounts, send catalogs, mailers, etc., as required.
• Option to travel for sales calls and sales related duties as required.
• Actively pursues cost reduction both in the department based on departmental process flows/quality and outside of department based on observations.
• Qualification Requirements: The ideal candidate for this position must possess demonstrated sales abilities and capable of hunting down new customers and growing the business. Candidate will take complete ownership and responsibility for managing newly acquired projects to successful production stage while able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge base, skill level and or the ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree (B.S.) or equivalent, along with 2 to 3 years sales experience and/or training, application engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills:
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Interpret customer specifications and apply equipment to the application that meets the customer expectations. Ability to write technical reports and correspondences.
• Mathematical Skills:
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumferences, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Reasoning Ability:
Good commonsense with the ability to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with problems and make decisions and follow them through to a resolution.
At AMETEK STC we believe in building a sustainable future for our customers, colleagues, suppliers, and the communities in which we operate. We take an active role in promoting real change, by contributing to a healthy, fair, and sustainable society in many of the countries our facilities are located. We call it #CareForTomorrow!
Salary Minimum: Market
Salary Maximum: Market
Disclaimer: Where a specific pay range is noted, it is a good faith estimate at the time of this posting. The actual salary offered will be based on experience, skills, qualifications, market / business considerations, and geographic location.
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1 (866) 263-8359
Brentwood NY USA
Jobs in Brentwood NY United States
Sales Application Engineer Brentwood jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.