Methanex Corporation Canada Canada
5 days ago
Date Posted: March 9, 2023
Reports To: Process Engineering Lead
Provides effective and efficient process engineering services to Methanex USA to achieve daily operational excellence, drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability, and minimize risk of harm to people, the environment and lost production.
• Provides effective troubleshooting and analysis of plant conditions to achieve Operational Excellence in plant operation, reliability, safety, productivity and efficiency.
• Identifies, evaluates and executes continuous improvement opportunities to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability and minimize overall risk of harm to people and the environment.
• Supports the Engineering and Projects team during the development and detailed engineering, continuing through plant commissioning and start-up for the site Capital project portfolio.
• Issues technical... memorandums and reports based on equipment performance which leads to Capital Project development or Management of Change (MOC) processes to identify bottlenecks, potential vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement.
• Develops and tracks short and long-term process KPIs through monitoring of:
• Equipment such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, reactors, and
• Instrumentation such as flow orifices, control valves, relief valves, etc.
• Overall process efficiency, carbon emissions, and effluent flowrates.
• Ensures compliance with the requirements of PSM to minimize overall risk of harm to people, the environment or loss prevention.
• Participates in Process Hazard Analyses and risk reviews throughout the Management of Change process.
• Helps identify and ensure adherence with safe design limits and operating limits of the plant equipment.
• Improves the safety in design performance of Methanex Geismar through application of learnings from incidents at other sites.
• Supports the proper implementation and use of the Management of Change process, in collaboration with the Plant Engineering team.
• Provides technical input and recommendations to support Operations and Finance in relation to gas utilization planning to ensure Methanex meets the gas nomination commitments.
• Provides input into inventory management and planning of utility consumption for start-ups and shutdowns.
• Aids the Process Control team in optimizing loop performance and ensuring controllers function as designed or modifying them to achieve more efficient operation.
• Provides process monitoring and engineering input into process parameter adjustments and troubleshooting operational problems.
• Analyzes utility consumption and quality of fluids entering the site for process and utility use.
• Develops, reviews and updates operating procedures for continuous improvement to optimize start-up and shutdown durations.
• Supports the development of isolation and clearing plans for plant outages, as well as contractor oversight as necessary.
• Supports the culture and initiatives of reliability within the Technical team and provides necessary support to maintenance reliability focus.
• Provides active support to operations during planned outages and abnormal events, including but not exclusive to Start-Ups, Shutdowns and Turnaround activities.
• Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
• Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values.
• Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
• Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
• Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
• Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Technical Department.
• Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Process Engineering encompassing aspects such as troubleshooting, monitoring, conceptual design and equipment sizing and selection.
• Preferably related experience working with hydrocarbon or chemical processing.
• Ability to utilize Aspen HYSYS, EDR, and other process modeling software including dynamic modelling or flow modeling.
• Competent user of standard computing packages (e.g. Microsoft Office).
• Familiarity with API, ASME and ANSI standards
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.