Microsoft Malaysia Malaysia
6 days ago
Business Function Overview:
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Data Center Critical Environment Technician Manager.
Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I CE Technician Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is... built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
As a successful Critical Environment Technician Manager, your success will be measured by:
• Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
• Model - Live our culture Embody our values Practice our leadership principles.
• Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes Enable success across boundaries Help the team adapt and learn.
• Care - Attract and retain great people Know each individual's capabilities and aspirations Invest in the growth of others.
Equipment and Systems Operations
• Serve as an operations specialist one or more major area of operations (e.g., electrical, mechanical, controls, generators, and work on advanced tasks independently.
• Oversee and coach team with the inspection of critical environment-related facility equipment (e.g., controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning [HVAC], mechanical systems), building, and grounds regularly for unsafe or abnormal conditions to develop and analyze trends.
• Monitor performance of maintenance and operations utilizing telemetry, control systems, and other platforms and is able to identify all alarms.
• Utilize internal computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to track all equipment assets and to complete work order requests for maintenance work and generate reporting to identify outstanding and ongoing work orders.
• Safely and quickly respond to and lead an onsite incident response team for all abnormal conditions that impact operations and coordinate with other critical facilities professionals to perform corrective repairs.
• Enhances, develops new, or follows preexisting emergency operating procedures (EOPs), methods of procedure (MOPs), and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in relation to incidents.
• Gathers necessary information and creates incident timelines/data, root-cause analyses, and/or action items following an abnormal condition.
Equipment and Systems Maintenance
• Guide, oversee, and perform various types of maintenance (e.g., planned, predictive, corrective) and repairs following methods of procedure (MOPs), and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for one or more disciplines and one or more types of equipment (e.g., electrical, mechanical, cooling systems) and escalate when appropriate.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for one type of equipment and oversee everyday tasks and troubleshooting within their area of expertise
• Have a hands-on understanding of how equipment works within disciplines they have been trained and how to troubleshoot equipment, systems, subsystems, and components independently within their trained discipline(s).
• Provide and/or assign team to provide necessary escort to third-party contractors, sub contractors, vendors, and service providers on site for all severity leveled procedures. Coordinate and schedule supplier/vendor on-site activities and recognizes circumstances when to stop supplier work to address potential and/or identified concerns.
• Take part in getting third-party work underway (e.g., making sure systems are properly energized/deenergized), ensuring the work is started and completed in a safe manner in accordance with standard practices, procedures, federal/local legislation, and municipal codes.
• Advises Technicians on inspection and supervision issues.
• Provides consultation to lower-level colleagues in troubleshooting systems and problems
Critical Environment Culture
• Understands, follows, ensures, and coaches team on safety and security requirements (e.g., job hazard assessments [JHAs], toolbox talks), and business processes and procedures to properly perform work in a safe, quality, and reliable manner in accordance with applicable federal, state, local, and Microsoft requirements.
• Proactively ensures safety and security requirements are followed and met for the work of themselves and others.
• Maintain safe working conditions and escalate immediately when unsafe working conditions are observed.
• Assesses and identifies appropriate resources and equipment necessary to fully support environmental health and safety (EH&S) objectives.
• Participates in required meetings, trainings, and necessary handoffs.
• Embody our culture and values
microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below required qualifications.
for this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
• high school diploma or equivalent.
• 5+ years mission critical services work/applied learning experience (e.g., high availability assembly / manufacturing / critical infrastructure environments such as data centers, oil and gas refineries, hospitals, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, or related fields) or equivalent experience.
• or equivalent experience.
applicants may be subject to audiometric (hearing) testing prior to and/or during employment where applicable law allows.
• ability to work within 8a.m to 11 p.m on rotation basis from monday to friday.
while not required, we also look for the following preferred qualifications:
• high school diploma, ged, or equivalent and 7+ years mission critical services experience (e.g., high-availability assembly/manufacturing/critical infrastructure environments such as data centers, oil and gas refineries, hospitals, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, or related fields)
• or associate's degree or technical trade certification (e.g., military, trade school), or higher-equivalent education and 5+ years mission-critical services experience (e.g., high-availability assembly/manufacturing/critical infrastructure environments such as data centers, oil and gas refineries, hospitals, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, or related fields)
• or equivalent experience.
• 1+ year(s) people management experience.
background check requirements:
ability to meet microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• microsoft cloud background check: this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Data Center Critical Environment Technician Manager Malaysia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.