Garver Kansas City MO United States
1 week ago
Kansas City, Missouri
As part of the Buildings Group for Garver, this Electrical Engineer will be responsible for assessing existing facilities and developing electrical designs and in support of various Buildings Business Line projects. Specifically, this responsibility will include a variety of projects related to investigating, planning, design, and commissioning of:
• Existing facilities components and systems
• Facility electrical system(s)
• Facility lighting system(s)
• Facility communications system(s)
• Facility whole building energy modeling
• Facility sustainability requirements reporting
In addition, this role will include coordination with other support disciplines, and coordination with regional offices. Assisting project managers in management of projects. Following quality assurance and quality control plans. Travel to project locations will be required.
Abilities and attributes needed for this position:
• Basic knowledge of building components and systems
• Knowledge of electrical engineering and sustainability principles
• Utilizing Building Information (BIM) design software to produce construction drawings
• Ability to perform building electrical system related calculations
• Utilize Microsoft Excel based calculation tools for design calculations
• Manage multiple assignments concurrently
• Be responsible for time management and product quality
• Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
• Follow Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
• Be responsible for continuing education and learning based on project needs, as well as overall needs of the team
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or architectural engineering with an electrical focus from an ABET accredited university of college.
• Minimum of 3 years of building design and construction industry experience
• Must have a basic knowledge base of electrical engineering principals
• Must have strong communication skills
• Experience with Autodesk Revit
• Must be proficient with MS Office Suite
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
• Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD
• Experience with AIA MasterSpec
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Apply Now! Get in Touch
Kansas City MO USA
Jobs in Kansas City MO United States
Electrical Engineer Kansas City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.