S&C Electric Company
S&C Electric Company Riverside IL United States
1 week ago
S&C Electronics, a global leader for power reliability products is looking for a Software Project Engineer. Included in this position is the support of intelligent Embedded software devices including microprocessor-based switch and fault interrupting controls. Candidates must have a strong background in design and development of Embedded software on custom electronics.
This position can be... remote (located in the United States) or on-site/hybrid at one of our office locations (Chicago, Alameda, or Franklin). Occasional travel to (10%) to one of these locations may be required for development, system integration/testing, and debugging. In this position, you will report to the Senior Manager - Embedded Firmware in Chicago.
The work associated with this position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Design Embedded application firmware for microprocessor-based fault interrupting controls.
• Contribute to the development of architecture design, software specifications, project schedules, task and project completion time estimates, and test plans.
• Develop Embedded C/C+ firmware for low power designs, including hardware device drivers.
• Develop and support PC-based engineering test tools as needed.
• Create, execute, and automate Unit Tests.
• Review and implement product requirements.
• Participate in Agile scrum meetings and peer reviews of source code.
• Investigate new technologies and create design documents as necessary.
• Collaborate with hardware and test engineers to support verification and validation of products at the module level and system level.
• Work with product management and field services to resolve firmware-related customer issues.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
• Being a team player is essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Technical leadership abilities with good interpersonal skills.
• Continuous learner and self-starter.
• BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of programming principles in C/C+ and Python.
• Familiarity with Real Time operation and low power Microprocessor modes.
• Embedded software development experience with and without an operating system.
• Experience with digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
• Experience working with and writing drivers for common peripherals and interconnects, such as GPIO, I2C, SPI, ADC, DAC, UART, DMA, Flash memory.
• Experience with configuration management/process tools: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket/Git.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: electric grid automation and/or control for utility applications, peer-to-peer communications techniques, wired and wireless communications experience (Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi).
• Experience with signal processing (FFT, DFT, waveform analysis) and actuator/motor control is a plus.
• Experience with Jenkins and Docker is a plus.
• Experience with Embedded Linux, Zephyr, or other Real Time operating systems is a plus.
Relevant Experience Required:
• 5-7 years of experience developing C/C+ firmware applications and device drivers for low power designs.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Standing: Occasional standing for work on complete control assemblies.
• Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds.
• Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility.
• Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects.
• Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
• Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
• Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment.
• Reaching: Infrequent reaching.
• Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
• Environment: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
S & C - TOP WORKPLACE
• For 2019, S & C Electric Company was named the 10th-best place to work among large employers in the Chicagoland area by The Chicago Tribune as part of the newspaper's prestigious annual Top Workplaces list.
• For 2020, S & C Electric was named as the 15th-Best Workplace in Chicago Tribune's 11th Annual Report.
• For 2021, S & C Electric was named Among Top 2021 Workplaces in the United States by Top Workplaces USA, the nation's most credible employer-recognition program
Riverside IL USA
Jobs in Riverside IL United States
Electrical Engineer Riverside jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.