Protocol Education Harrow United Kingdom
1 week ago
Are you a caring and committed Teacher Assistant? Do you want to make a lasting impact on students' lives?
If you have answered ‘yes’ this is the role you were looking for!
I am recruiting for an enthusiastic Higher Level Teacher Assistant to work with an amazing secondary school based in Harrow.
• To provide 1:1 support, assistance and interventions for an individual pupil on the SEND register.
• Ensure that records of progress are kept and that skills are transferred to the classroom.
• Support other children as required including those with EHCPs.
• Deliver interventions to children on the SEND register; more specifically those with Autism and Down's Syndrome.
• To work towards pupils individualised targets set out within the EHCP, in liaison with the class teacher and Special Needs Co-ordinator.
• To aid access to the full range of learning experienced both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified materials as required e.g. worksheets, games... visual prompt cards etc.
• To make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the SENDCo.
• To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment both in the classroom and outside.
• Facilitate inclusion in small group activities and support interaction.
• To work as part of the team to ensure that the wellbeing and personal development of the pupils enhances their learning opportunities and life skills.
• To provide regular feedback to the class teacher, SENDCo about the pupils' difficulties and progress.
You should apply for this role if you:
• Have extensive experience of working with children and SEND students.
• Have experience of working with children and young adults at Key Stage 3-5
• Knowledge and understanding of the different social, culture and physical needs of pupils.
• Be an appropriate role model of behaviour both in the classroom and around school
• Have GCSE English and Maths Grade A*-C.
• Have or working towards Higher Level Teaching Assistant qualifications.
• Able to plan and prioritise tasks working under pressure of a busy inclusive school.
As a member of the Protocol Education Supply team, you should expect to enjoy the following benefits:
• Market leading daily rates of pay.
• A dedicated team of consultants with an in-depth knowledge of our industry.
• The opportunity to make a genuine difference.
• Free career advice.
• Valuable CPD Courses at discounted prices and free webinars!
• Protocol Referral Scheme – receive a £50 voucher when you refer a friend *Terms and Conditions apply*
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.
Teaching Assistant Harrow jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.