Acutronic Turbines Inc / Acutronic Actuation Inc
Acutronic Turbines Inc / Acutronic Actuation Inc Austin TX United States
1 week ago
Acutronic is looking for an Associate Buyer to join our team in Austin, Texas. In this role, you will be responsible for procurement and material management activities, both analytical and transactional, to support Acutronic’s goals/objectives and project requirements. Our ideal candidate will have at least two years of relevant purchasing, inventory, and supplier management experience. Do you... have a customer-oriented mindset, exceptional attention to detail, and have excellent multi-tasking skills? If so, this could be the right opportunity for you!
For 50 years, Acutronic’s Simulation & Test Division has been the global market leader in the development, design, and manufacture of Inertial Guidance Test Systems and Hardware-In-The-Loop motion simulators. These high-precision motion simulators are used in the aerospace, defense, automotive, and consumer electronics industries to test and calibrate inertial sensors (e.g. gyroscopes and accelerometers that measure movement), Inertial Navigation Systems, Electronic Stability Control systems, and the in-flight engagement scenarios of missiles.
Acutronic’s Aerospace Components Division develops and manufactures specialty components for use on unmanned aerial vehicles and missile systems. These products are used on next-generation aerospace programs and include a range of micro-turbine engines, electric power systems, actuators, and turbo-generator propulsion systems. The Division offers standard products and excels at designing highly customized solutions for demanding mission requirements.
Acutronic employs approximately 250 employees across its locations in Austin, TX; Pittsburgh, PA; Baltimore, MD; Switzerland; Germany; and India.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company with ambitious growth plans. We offer a high degree of independence and individual responsibility in an exciting industry, along with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Acutronic is seeking an
Your roles/responsibilities will include:
• Place purchase orders for direct and indirect goods and services
• Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams like quality, engineering, production, manufacturing, receiving and shipping to drive agile and efficient procurement process
• Develop a working relationship with suppliers to maintain an inventory of material to support business demands.
• Conduct supplier negotiations and award contracts in a cost-effective manner ensuring most favorable price, terms and delivery dates
• Communicate material NCRs with suppliers and coordinate associated actions (e.g., RMA’s, Corrective Actions)
Your qualifications/skills should include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field, from an accredited college or university, preferred
• Previous internship experience, a plus
• Two years of relevant purchasing, inventory, and supplier management experience, preferred
• CPSM certification, a plus
• Must be a US Person
Position type / physical demand:
• Work is generally performed in an office environment
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Acutronic is an Equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 412.926.1200.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $63,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Austin, TX 78753: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
• Procurement: 1 year (Preferred)
• Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Austin TX USA
Jobs in Austin TX United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.