ThyssenKrupp Materials NA
ThyssenKrupp Materials NA Portland OR United States
2 weeks ago
With around 480 locations in over 40 countries, thyssenkrupp Materials Services is the biggest materials distributor and service provider in the western world. The broad service spectrum offered by the materials experts enables customers to focus on their individual core business. The area of Materials Services spans two strategic areas: global materials distribution as one-stop-shop ... from steel and stainless steel, tubes and pipes, nonferrous metals and specialty materials to plastics and raw materials - and tailored services in the areas of materials management and supply chain management. An extensive omnichannel architecture offers 250,000 customers worldwide cross-channel, round-the-clock access to more than 150,000 products and services. A highly efficient logistics system ensures that all requested services are smoothly integrated into customer production processes "just-in-time" or "just-in-sequence".
Copper and Brass Sales is a distributor and processor of aluminum, stainless steel, copper, brass, bronze and more quality materials serving markets across North America, including Canada and Mexico. By providing customers what they want, when they need it, Copper and Brass Sales is able to help them succeed in today's challenging global business environment. The company's focus on the Aerospace, Automotive, Electrical, Medical and Oil & Gas Industries allows them to offer these market segments expertise specific to their needs. The daily commitment of its employees to provide premium service focused on the customer first has earned Copper and Brass Sales the position of a respected leader in the nonferrous metals industry for over 80 years.
This hybrid Strategic Sourcing Specialist (BUYER III) - Steel position will support our global client, #Raytheon. This role must have experience both sourcing and negotiating with global suppliers, preferably in stainless steel, carbon and alloy steel.
The job is responsible for managing a global supply base and coordinating with local country purchasing personnel with responsibilities in both the strategic and tactical supply chain management (#sourcing, #negotiating, #expediting, de-expediting, etc.) for the global Raytheon carbon, alloy, and stainless steel supply chain.
Salary + Bonus Incentive + High Visibility + Cross Functional Role + Awesome Benefits + 3 Weeks Vacation + 100% Matching 401K
• Recommend, implement, and manage strategic and contractual sourcing processes
• Strong understanding of the global supply base and costing structures
• Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, including senior management
• Lead negotiations and develop framework contracts on sourcing for specific product line(s) from key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service and quality
• Lead supplier evaluations and addresses supplier performance
• Understand customer specific inventory management processes
• Support costing/pricing department in cost administration
• Assist in product and supply base training of new purchasing personnel
• Develop and maintain strong internal relationships inside our division and across tk's global aerospace companies to achieve customer service goals
• Comprehensive understanding of company objectives in sales, operations, and purchasing
• Effectively communicate with internal customers and the supply base
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the
performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
• Knowledge of purchasing processes - normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or other closely related field
• Experience in supplier negotiations to create framework contracts
• The ability to type, edit, and proof business correspondence and perform arithmetic calculations to complete purchase orders and analyze product performance
• Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and work on a day-to-day basis within department, cross functionally within the company and with our supply base
• An understanding of company and departmental policies and procedures and to maintain accurate records and files in compliance with those policies and procedures
• Travel - total travel of 25-50%, some of which is global to meet with supply base.
• Materials Sourcing Experience
• 3-5 years purchasing experience
• #Global sourcing experience
• Knowledge of import and export laws and regulations (global)
• The ability to train new personnel as well as negotiate with all levels of management #StainlessSteel, #Carbon, #AlloySteel #Sourcing Experience
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA, no sponsorship opportunities for this role*
• This role has potential to sit at one of our Copper & Brass locations beyond Santa Fe Springs, CA*
Your Benefits With Us
We value people as our greatest resource and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, employer-matched 401(k) plan, paid time off and an array of employee purchasing incentives.
If you are interested in furthering your education, we have awesome reimbursement programs for graduate, undergraduate, trade school and more!
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link
Portland OR USA
Jobs in Portland OR United States
Strategic Sourcing Specialist Portland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.