Saint-Gobain Seine-Saint-Denis France
5 days ago
1.Provide technical support for industrial investment projects in SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS factories (greenfields and modernizations) in support of the local project team:
• Support and validate the design activities of engineering companies,
• Participate in the tender process and choice of suppliers,
• Follow the detailed design, realization and manufacturing phases of the equipment,
• Supervise equipment tests (at the supplier and/or directly at the factory)
• Carry out the commissioning and testing of electrical installations (Glass Tests + assistance with the start-up of installations).
• As DTI expert and representative, ensure that the global standards are applied in the project
2. Manage and maintain the electrical standards of the technical department and good electrical practices
• Define and maintain the industrial electrical standards for our plants (electrical distribution MV and LV, hardware definition and cabinet design, lighting, back-up generators, …)
• Manage global... projects related to electrical energy saving and share best practices
• Participate in the electrification of the process in order to reduce CO2 emissions
3. Contribute to the continuous improvement of the design of glass factories towards greater efficiency in the execution of projects, with controlled costs, quality and delivery times.
4. Perform inspections of the electrical distribution of existing factories
5. Contribute to the resolution of technical problems encountered in our factories related to electrical distribution (technical assistance to factories),
6. Lead training courses for colleagues from other departments and our factories,
7. Ensure technological watch, animation and follow-up of certified suppliers (or to be certified with its contribution), in order to verify and control compliance with the standard by Saint-Gobain Glass entities (projects and factories) and capitalize on functional developments and techniques (feedback, continuous improvement, etc.)
8.Become an Electrical expert applied to the manufacture of flat glass with real autonomy and technical authority as well as leadership in front of our customers who are our factories. …
Description du profil :
Electrical Engineer, Master level
Knowledge /Technical competencies:
• Knowledge in Low Voltage, High Voltage distribution, Power controls and Associated Instrumentation
• Good background knowledge in automation (PLC, DCS, OT, network )and instrumentation
• Experience in management of large industrial investment projects (ideally > 5years).
• Experience in suppliers/contractorsmanagement.
• Fluent use of MS office and collaboration tools.
• Familiar with CAD system for cable layout and electrical drawings (AutoCad, E-Plan, Caneco).
• Fluent English oral and written skills mandatory.
• French language is a plus.
The technical scope will cover the following domains:
• High Voltage Switchyards
• Medium Voltage Distribution
• Diesel Generators ( or others Back Up generators)
• Low Voltage Distribution
• Variable Speed Drives
• Lightning, earthing, fire detection…
• Electrical Heating systems applied in Flat Glass technologies
Soft Skills and Abilities
• Ability tomanage a teamand good team spirit
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Ability to work simultaneously in several projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication
• Ability to work in a demanding environment
• Pragmatismand autonomy
• International responsibilities and most of interactions with foreign customers and suppliers.
• Multinational, multicultural and "Multi-projects".
• Opportunities of evolution towards team management
Travels / Mobility:
She/He will be required to travel internationally for a significant percentage of the time (up to 40 %). The different work periods will include a percentage of flexible home-office with assignments of the order of a week during the design and implementation phases of the projects and longer assignments during the so-called "glass tests" phase(up to 2 months).
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in habitat, designs, produces and distributes building materials by providing innovative solutions to the growing markets of emerging countries, energy efficiency and environment solutions. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming house, safe and open to the world, which you enter for a journey.
The main mission of the Technology and Industrial Performance Department is to ensure an interactive support to all the countries and businesses of the Group: Industrial roadmaps (standards, benchmarks, performance, energy, CO2, savings, …), R&D programs for the Construction Businesses, Strategic Investments and Strategic Purchasing, Capacity Allocation among countries and Operational Excellence Programs (World Class Manufacturing, World Class Supply Chain, 4.0, Digital applications for the manufacturing, …
Part of TIP,the International Technical Department (DTI) of Saint-Gobain Glass Industries, based in Aubervilliers, provides expertise and support to all glass manufacturing plants worldwide. At the heart of these activities, the Engineering Departmentis in charge of defining the technical standards for Saint-Gobain Glass' investment projects, supervising and assisting the projects and ensuring the application of the right project management methodology.
In order to meet its future challenges, including an intensive investment program and an ambitious roadmap towards the decarbonization of its glass production, the Engineering Department is looking to strengthen its teamby recruiting an Electrical Engineer
Jobs in Seine-Saint-Denis France
Electrical Engineer Seine-Saint-Denis jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.