Atkins United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Locations: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Epsom, Glasgow, Leeds, Peterborough and Warrington.
Atkins provides drainage design services to Highway, Rail, Private Developer, Energy and Water markets with some of our key clients being HS2, Highways England and Network Rail along with many of the UK’s water companies. Due to a growing workload we are keen to strengthen our existing teams.
Atkins have an opportunity to recruit Assistant Drainage Engineers to join our teams operating from across the UK. We are looking for strong collaborators, people capable of supporting their local team, but also delivering on remote projects as part of our national Practice.
This is an exciting time to join the business as we merge more traditional engineering skills with innovative digital methods. You will have the opportunity to be involved in the development of digital processes to enhance the engineering design process.
Asset Planning & Solutions deliver customer focused engineering... solutions. As part of it we will value you for going beyond to exceed customer expectations and deliver solutions by continuously developing your technical skills, in a company that is committed to your training and development.
• You will have good communication skills, be interested in and have knowledge of development drainage infrastructure as well as holding a related Degree such as Civil Engineering or Science.
• You should be progressing towards attainment of a recognised professional qualification, for which you will receive our support, mentoring and provision of training where required.
• Ideally you will have some experience in using hydraulic models (such as MicroDrainage software) for design purposes. As would experience in the design and detailing of drainage systems (foul and surface water), SuDS and related design standards, together with a working knowledge of Civils 3D and/ or MicroStation.
• You will be working on the design delivery of drainage infrastructure projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required. This will involve the development and assessment of design solutions, technical analysis, as well as technical report writing and a proactive commitment to Health and Safety.
• The role will require interacting with other design disciplines and stakeholders, overseeing junior members of staff as well as supporting the engagement of our digital initiatives.
• Shaping the future of networks and drainage - this is our challenge. Join us and you’ll work with a variety of colleagues and clients to create innovative solutions to challenging projects.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Assistant Drainage Engineer - Flexible around UK locations United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.