Alstom Cape Town South Africa
2 weeks ago
We are on the lookout for a hardworking Snr EPU Manager to join our passionate team at Alstom in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Growing your career as a Full Time Snr EPU Manager is a fantastic opportunity to develop exceptional skills.
If you are strong in communication, people management and have the right mindset for the job, then apply for the position of Snr EPU Manager at Alstom today!
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Gibela Rail Consortium invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position Snr EPU Manager - CBS Mainline to be... based in Dunnottar. The position reports to of Senior Production Manager.
Vacancy: Snr EPU Manager X2
Purpose of the Role
Use APSYS principles to manage and drive defined KPI’s based on Safety, Quality, Delivery and cost. Capacity /workload management – People and competency management, Productivity and continuous improvement and tools management. Lead cross functional teams.
• Ensure Targets (Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety) are achieved in the area responsibility.
• Train and develop people within the team.
• Maintain safety standards in the area of responsibility.
• Maintain equipment standards (through TPM schedules)
• Maintain task sequencing and task allocation in the area of responsibility.
• Ensure all agreed production performance standards are maintained and adhered to
• Lead weekly weekend work plan for backlog and recovery.
• Consolidate workstation daily attendance and overtime worked.
• Continuous Improvement - Present shopfloor improvement initiative, monthly, Overall monthly workstation audit (skills matrix, preservation of tools/machines, anticipation of key consumables, adherence to task sequencing and EHS compliance)
• Manage + 20 employees across responsible stations.
• Accept responsibility to be a “stand-in” to Senior Manufacturing Manager as required e.g. overall management of weekend/overtime plan
• Overall coordination of training plan/needs i.e. to ensure minimum impact to production
• Responsible and perform HR/ Labour Relations activities, i.e. shopfloor discipline management
• National Diploma / Degree (preferably Mechanical / Electrical/ Industrial Engineering/ Operations Management) or Electrical/Mechanical trade with 5yrs experience in manufacturing.
• Minimum of 3 years product knowledge experience.
Desired Knowledge and Behavioural competency:
• Must be able lead and motivate a group of approx. 20 people towards achieving a set of predefined targets
• Must have a knowledge with labour-relations policies and procedures in the South African labour context
• Must be able to communicate effectively at different levels within the organisation
• Must display high levels of integrity, ethics and morals standards.
• Must be extremely disciplined with time management.
• Must have a high regard for customer/ supplier relationships.
• Must be knowledgeable of best practice principles.
• Must be flexible to work outside of normal operational boundaries to support team targets.
• Must be able to manage conflict.
• Display strong business acumen, particularly regarding cost consciousness, efficiency improvements and profit generation. Cross discipline skills.
Closing Date 17 May 2023
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Benefits of working as a Snr EPU Manager in Johannesburg, Gauteng:
● Learning opportunities
● Advancement opportunities
● Advantageous package
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Snr EPU Manager - Get Hired Fast Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.