Mentone Grammar Mentone VIC Australia
1 week ago
Mentone Grammar is a dynamic Early Learning Centre (ELC) through to Year 12 co-educational School, with a proud history dating back to the 1920s. Our School is structured into six campuses, housed in one location in the bayside suburb of Mentone – Mary Jones Early Learning Centre (ELC3 and 4), Eblana (Foundation to Year 4), Riviera (Years 5 to 6), Bayview (Years 7 to 8), Greenways (Year 9) and Frogmore (Years 10 to 12).
Just like our students, Mentone Grammar staff are inspired to ‘be even better’ with the support of a strong mentoring program, professional development opportunities and a welcoming community.
The School is an open-entry school, drawing students from local Bayside and surrounding suburbs. The School became co-educational in 2006 and adopted a unique Together-Apart-Together model of education, which has resulted in continual growth. The School has a strong philosophy of ensuring that students are happy, healthy, and high achieving.
About the Role
We are seeking an... experienced and passionate Religious Education Teacher for a Term 3 Long Service Leave replacement role. The right candidate will participate in the academic program, delivering the Religious Education curriculum and contributing to the co-curricular programs and worship life of an Anglican School. As a Mentone Grammar teacher, they will have a genuine passion for working with young people, taking an interest in the ongoing growth and wellbeing of all of their students.
It is expected that teachers at Mentone Grammar will be sympathetic to the ethos of the institution and work in the true spirit of the institution. The basic function of a teacher is one of the development and implementation of curriculum consistent with the philosophy, policy and practice prescribed by the School.
Key areas the role will work across:
• Support the School’s Philosophy and Religious Education Program
• Delivering the Mentone Grammar curriculum to appropriate year levels, in line with the School’s Learning and Teaching Framework
•Be a teacher informed by contemporary educational research; to build a culture of success in and enjoyment of this subject by the students to ensure a high standard
• Work with students to develop their participation in and knowledge of Religious Education
• Prepare students for baptism and confirmations as required
• Minister to the School community – the students and their families, staff and the wider school community
• Support other members of the School’s pastoral care team in the care of individual student, staff and their families
• Participate actively in the wider school program
• Be available on call to assist with the response to crisis situations
• Liaise with parents and key pastoral staff regarding student wellbeing concerns
• Maintain accurate and confidential information and records
Applications are open to permanent residents of Australia only.
To submit an application candidates are required to visit the Mentone Grammar Job Board: https://www.mentonegrammar.net/why-mentone-grammar/employment-opportunities/
From there click on view the current vacancies and click on the specific role and the blue apply now button in the bottom left-hand corner to begin the application process and view the job description.
We will shortlist and interview high quality applications as they are received, and we strongly encourage interested candidates to submit their application as soon as possible.
Mentone Grammar has a zero-tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting and providing a safe environment for all students, acting in their best interests, promoting their wellbeing, and keeping them safe at all times.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Mentone VIC Australia
Religious Teacher Mentone VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.