AECOM Houston TX Mayotte
2 weeks ago
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world...
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is seeking an Electrical Designer to support the Power team within the Energy Engineering Center of Excellence.
Our team works on a high and medium voltage projects for municipal, utility, and commercial and industrial clients. This position will perform technical tasks on a variety of projects including substation retrofits and new builds, overhead and underground transmission, distributed generation, renewable energy and energy master planning.
The successful candidate will have an understanding and experience in electrical design and technology principles. She/he will be expected to work successfully within a team environment and be able to communicate effectively with other project team members and customers. He/she will have a high level of initiative, motivation, and displays drive, energy and enthusiasm for getting things done with an excellent attention to detail.
The responsibilities of this role also include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Day to Day design and preparation of electrical deliverables, documentation, packages and reports
• Maintain open communication with project team (including remote staff) regarding workload planning, task estimating and budgeting, mentorship and performance management
• Creating, updating, and implementing group specific standards
• Contributes to a complete and integrated set of digital project content which includes but not limited to identification of utility clashes, creation of relocation alignments and required documents by working co-operatively with team members to resolve issues
• Assist with preparation of project specification and contract documents
• Reviews work prepared by peer/group
• Applies strong knowledge of utility standards, guides, specifications, and procedures specific to working in with US electrical infrastructure
• Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work
AECOM’s Energy practice provides a wide range of services from consulting and engineering design to energy engineering, energy procurement and construction (EPC) for power, energy efficiency, and renewable energy clients. Our understanding of the big picture – and the interconnection between generation, distribution, storage, and the demand side of the meter – allows us to deliver holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. We connect knowledge and experience across our global framework to bring together a unique combination of engineers, planners, scientists, and project managers who advance cleaner, secure, and more sustainable energy solutions.
• BA/BS + 4 years of relevant experience or AA/AS + 6 years of relevant experience
• High level design and CAD skills and technical competency in the field of electrical engineering
• Able to participate in field walks and create field sketches, take dimensions, climb ladders, etc. as necessary
• Physical design experience for MV/HV substation facilities
• Confidence and expertise utilizing Autodesk 2D and 3D platform packages
• Experience working in collaborative model environments (e.g. Navisworks)
• Experience in the management of Common Data Environments including ProjectWise, BIM 360
• Experience leveraging laser scan or other data sets to inform design development
• Knowledge of typical stakeholders and be able to anticipate data requests and expectations
• Understanding of vendor documentation and it’s use as a reference for assigned tasks
• Demonstrated experience in participating complex, multi-discipline programs/projects and CAD teams
• Offered rate of compensation (Colorado locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $59,285 - $109,677 annually exempt.
• AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, retirement benefits, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
• Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
• All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Energy
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: East
Career Area: Digital & Engineering Technology
Houston TX USA
Electrical Designer Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.