Singtel Singapore Singapore
1 week ago
Cloud Migration Engineer
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Company: Singtel Group
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
At Singtel, we're working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose to Empower Every Generation. We have a dynamic and diverse team, with a passion for innovation, and talent to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and immersive customer experience.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can... change the future, and we're looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data and cyber security teams!
Apply now, and ignite our digital future together.
• Execute migration: The engineer must plan and execute the migration of on-premises applications, infrastructure, and data to the cloud. This includes managing the migration process, monitoring performance, and ensuring that data is securely transferred.
• Monitor and troubleshoot: Once the migration is complete, the engineer must monitor the cloud environment to ensure that it is functioning optimally. They must also troubleshoot any issues that arise and resolve them quickly.
• Collaborate with stakeholders: The engineer must work closely with stakeholders, such as application owners, system administrators, and security teams, to ensure that the cloud migration is successful.
• Ensure compliance: The engineer must ensure that the cloud environment complies with industry standards, regulations, and security best practices.
• Provide documentation and training: The engineer must provide documentation and training to stakeholders on how to use the new cloud-based infrastructure, applications, and data.
• Continuously improve: The engineer must continuously evaluate the cloud environment and identify opportunities for improvement, such as cost savings or performance optimization.
• Identify and resolve highly complex Cloud migration issues that may require establishment of new techniques, tools and processes
• Proactively analyse internal and external business challenges/regulatory issues and recommend improvements
• Savvy in troubleshooting complex problems and providing out of the box solutions
• Resourceful in understanding issues or learning new skills
• Possess excellent teamwork and able to provide clear instructions, guidance as well as knowledge sharing to the team
• May require to be on standby or on-call after office hours, weekends and public holidays based on the requirement for operational or meeting deadlines for implementation projects
• Prioritize and manage Cloud migration of existing apps and effectively provide implementation and operations support to projects in order to meet or exceed SLA
• Possess hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in migration and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following area: Platform, storage, database and virtualization, Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS), Container technologies like Redhat OCP, Dockers, Kubernetes and AWS ECS
• Possess hands-on experience with Web and server technologies including Virtualization, Web services, EAI, with implementation of JAVA, J2EE,.NET and SOA concept in a distributed environment on Windows and Linux.
• Possess hands-on experience with databases such as Oracle,MSSQL,MYSQL and Postgres SQL databases. No SQL DB knowledge is an advantage.
• Successful implementation of DevOps techniques and Agile practices.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineer, Information Technology or related discipline
• Has minimally 7+ years’ experience in designing/implementation/consulting of large-scale private/public/hybrid cloud migration projects.
• The candidate should have attained professional certifications at least in one of the following areas with at least 4+ years of implementation experience in: Azure/AWS/Google Cloud/VMware.
• Azure certification is preferred
• Experience in multi-tiered architecture, design and implementation
• Significant implementation experience of DevOps techniques and Agile practices.
• Strong working knowledge and ability to apply architecture concepts, frameworks and methodologies to projects
• Experienced in business and technical analysis, architecture design, project management
• Possess hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in migration and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following area: Platform, storage, database and virtualization, Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS),Container technologies like Redhat OCP, Dockers, Kubernetes and Azure AKS
• Possess hands-on experience with Web and server technologies including Virtualization, Web services, EAI, with implementation of JAVA,J2EE,.NET and SOA concept in a distributed environment on Windows and Linux
• Possess hands-on experience in implementing projects with Oracle, MSSQL,MYSQL and Postgres SQL databases. No SQL DB knowledge is an advantage.
• Experience in delivering database transformation projects will be an added advantage
• Ability to communicate IT architecture methods, concepts, standards and policies in a simplified manner.
• PMP, ITIL and TOGAF certification is an added advantage
• Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
• Telecom background preferred
Technical / Professional Skills
Azure Network and Architect certification.
PMP & TOGAF certification
Cloud Migration Engineer Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.