CIBC Edmonton Canada
2 weeks ago
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you'll be doing
As a member of the Personal and Business Banking Team, you’ll manage and grow a dedicated client portfolio through key relationship management, creating comprehensive financial plans and providing exceptional client service. As a Senior Financial Advisor in the Imperial Service Team, you’ll expertly deliver on CIBC’s Imperial Service approach, taking responsibility for a large portfolio and helping clients plan for today’s needs and tomorrow’s goals. You’ll proactively engage with many new and existing clients to make... lasting connections and understand their goals, build their financial plan using advanced CIBC tools, and give them the right advice to help them make well-informed choices for their future. You’re flexible to work our banking centre hours which may include evenings and weekends. To help deliver a great client experience, you’re flexible to work at multiple banking centres within a reasonable travel distance.
How You'll Succeed
• Client engagement - Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. Deliver trusted investment advice and create personalized financial plans to enhance existing relationships. Cultivate your network to establish new client relationships.
• Business development - Deeply understand your local market and potential client base to create a comprehensive sales plan that will convert leads into new clients. Use your strong relationship building and networking skills to build connections, create opportunities, and deliver bottom line results. Leverage CIBC’s wide range of credit and investment solutions to provide a needs-based approach that will result in satisfied, loyal clients and increased referrals.
• Community involvement - Heighten CIBC brand awareness in your community by attending local events and participating in marketing and outreach activities. Grow your network to create lasting connections that will generate future opportunities.
Who You Are
• You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
• You’re passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You connect with others through respect and authenticity.
• You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take initiative, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
• You’re goal oriented. You’re motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make a difference.
• You engage with your heart and mind. You care about people and respect different perspectives. You listen to and learn from the experiences of others.
• Your influence makes a difference. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by sharing your expertise.
• You embrace and advocate for change. You continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
• You can demonstrate 1.5 – 3 years experience in financial advisory role managing and growing your own portfolio of clients.
• You’re a certified professional (IIROC). You have current accreditation and good standing for IIROC licensing requirements; Canadian Securities Course (CSC) written within the past 3 years is required upon hire, Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH), Wealth Management Essentials Course (WME), Personal Financial Planner (PFP) within 24 months of hire.
• You’re a certified professional (Quebec). You have current accreditation and good standing in AMF licensing; Successful completion of Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC) or the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) to support AMF (Autorité des Marchés Financiers) licensing, and Registered Retirement Consultant (RRC). It’s an asset if you’ve completed CSI/ICB Investment and Taxation Fundamentals Course - Quebec (0774) and CSI/ICB Legal & Ethical Aspects of Financial Planning Course (0790).
• You’re a certified professional (IIROC - Ontario). You have current accreditation and good standing for IIROC licensing requirements; Canadian Securities Course (CSC) written within the past 3 years is required upon hire, Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH), Wealth Management Essentials Course (WME), Personal Financial Planner (PFP) within 24 months of hire. You have, or are willing to obtain before your start date, the Designated Financial Services Advisor Designation (DFSA) through the Canadian Securities Institute (CSI).
• Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
• We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
• Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
• We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
What You Need To Know
• CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
• You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
AB-Edmonton, Commerce Place, 6th Floor
Financial Advisor( Planner)- IIROC, CSC required Edmonton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.