Entergy Des Arc AR United States
1 week ago
SAP AMI Device Management Architect
Date: May 3, 2023
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Hybrid
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, LLC
This position may be filled at any location within Entergy's service territory - LA, TX, AR, MS
The official title for this role will be Solution Architect, Sr
Under the IT Applications Utility Customer Service department, this position will be responsible for leading the innovative development of business solutions, implemented through IT, to enable the business to meet its objectives. The role, together with support from Entergy's Enterprise Architect (EA) function and IT Business Analyst (BA) are responsible for creating a fully integrated, effective business solution. The role is an active thought leader and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business unit.
The role requires an in-depth understanding of available IT... technologies, the business unit's operations, its operating model, capability needs, and business challenges. The role also requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Customer System technologies with a special emphasis on SAP, the business unit's operations, its operating model, capability needs, and business challenges.
The team member will be principally responsible for the solution architecture, design, and support of Entergy’s Customer System application portfolio, including but not limited to the architecture and design of systems associated with SAP Industry Solution for Utility (IS-U), SAP HANA, AMI experience, and integration with MDMS or other meter reading applications. The team member must have SAP IS-U experience with a key focus in SAP AMI Device Management .
This position will report directly to the IT Service Delivery Manager for Utility Customer Service, who is principally focused on business application solution delivery.
The Solution Architect / Solution Architect Sr. at Entergy has two primary areas of responsibility.
• Serve as the primary technical SME for their assigned area(s)/domain(s), including:
• Serve as a technical expert/consultant to business stakeholders, business clients, Program Managers, BAs, peer SAs, and vendors
• Support technology and/or application road mapping based on business strategies, capabilities, and requirements
• Support Lifecycle Road mapping for standard Entergy technology and applications
• Work with EA to evaluate emerging trends and technologies
• Adopt Industry and domain best practices
• Support Point of Views and Proof of Concepts
• Provide application integration expertise
• Provide code fixes, perform configuration changes and coding changes for minor enhancements
• Provide technical support as needed
• Perform analysis and design for incidents, service requests, and application enhancements in the billing and rates functional areas of Entergy’s SAP IS-U system.
• Work closely with business resources to explain SAP system functionality, to understand issues when reported, to gather effective system requirements for enhancements, and to ensure that SAP systems are supporting business needs
• Responsible for management and delivery of application support work in billing, rates, bill print, AMI technology, and other areas of Entergy’s SAP IS-U system.
• Serve as Entergy’s technical lead on assigned projects, including:
• Support annual project portfolio planning
• Perform IT estimation during the Business Case phase
• Conduct Complexity Assessment to determine proper level of Solution Development Lifecycle (SDLC) rigor
• Support the solution sourcing and selection process (e.g., Requests for Proposals and Statements of Work processes)
• Enforce adherence to EA standards
• Provide technical oversight to vendor services and solutions delivery
• Create Solution Design (i.e., Conceptual, Logical and Physical)
• Maintain Requirements Traceability Matrix as established by the BA
• Support all project execution phases (i.e., Initiation, Definition, Design, Construction, Test, and Deployment)
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required of the position
Solution Architect, Sr: At least 10 years of experience working with technology and how it supports the business.
Experience working with Customer System solutions is a plus.
SAP IS-U and HANA experience is required.
At least 5 years of SAP AMI Device Management support experience.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
• Experience in deploying and leading teams in the deployment of the SAP IS-U Device Management module in electric and gas
• Hands on experience of working on business process definition, Functional Specification, Unit / Integration/ Performance testing etc.
• In depth knowledge of SAP ISU Device Management functionality like Device Master data, Device Installation structure, Meter Reading Validation, Estimation, Schedule Master Data etc.Knowledge of Business Processes for Meter to Cash, New Connection, Meter Installation, Exchange, Removal.
• Good Knowledge of Integration of Device Management with Billing & Invoicing.
• Solution design for business process scope including meter shop (inventory, testing, inspections), routes and consumption reads, read uploads to Billing, integration to back end work management for work assignments
• AMI Experience (interfacing CCS with MDMS to accept reads from MDMS)
• Demonstrates analytical thinking to determine delayed billing due to meter installation, defective meter, non-responsive meter, and meter sync issues
• In depth knowledge of the Technical Master Data model and DM configuration in supporting design / build activities with integration to Billing master data.
• Extensive experience in integrated and parallel testing planning and execution for batch job processing and exceptions.
• Deep understanding and practical experience of industry solutions
• Working knowledge in all areas of technology (infrastructure, commercial applications, software development, end-user platforms, IT operations).
• Planning experience, especially the design of longer-term strategies.
• Ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization, including executive management.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of architecture concepts and the ability to integrate business needs and technology capabilities.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
SAP certifications are a plus.
Primary Location: Texas - The Woodlands Arkansas : Alexander || Arkansas : Arkadelphia || Arkansas : Bald Knob || Arkansas : Batesville || Arkansas : Beebe || Arkansas : Benton || Arkansas : Berryville || Arkansas : Blytheville || Arkansas : Blythville || Arkansas : Brinkley || Arkansas : Cabot || Arkansas : Camden || Arkansas : Clarenden || Arkansas : Conway || Arkansas : Corning || Arkansas : Crossett || Arkansas : DERMONTT || Arkansas : Danville || Arkansas : Dardanelle || Arkansas : Des Arc || Arkansas : Dewitt || Arkansas : Dumas || Arkansas : Earle || Arkansas : El Dorado || Arkansas : Elaine || Arkansas : England || Arkansas : Eudora || Arkansas : Flippin || Arkansas : Fordyce || Arkansas : Forrest City || Arkansas : Glenwood || Arkansas : Gurdon || Arkansas : Hamburg || Arkansas : Hardy || Arkansas : Harrisburg || Arkansas : Harrison || Arkansas : Hazen || Arkansas : Heber Springs || Arkansas : Helena || Arkansas : Hot Springs || Arkansas : Hotsprings || Arkansas : Hoxie || Arkansas : Hughes || Arkansas : Jacksonville || Arkansas : Jones Mill || Arkansas : Junction City || Arkansas : Lake Village || Arkansas : Little Rock || Arkansas : Lonoke || Arkansas : Magnolia || Arkansas : Malvern || Arkansas : Mammoth Sprgs || Arkansas : Marianna || Arkansas : Marion || Arkansas : Marked Tree || Arkansas : Marshall || Arkansas : Maumelle || Arkansas : Mcgehee || Arkansas : Monette || Arkansas : Monticello || Arkansas : Morrilton || Arkansas : Mountain Home || Arkansas : Mountain View || Arkansas : Newark || Arkansas : Newport || Arkansas : No. Little Rock || Arkansas : Pine Bluff || Arkansas : Pocahontas || Arkansas : Rector || Arkansas : Redfield || Arkansas : Russellville || Arkansas : Searcy || Arkansas : Sheridan || Arkansas : Smackover || Arkansas : Stamps || Arkansas : Stephens || Arkansas : Strong || Arkansas : Stuttgart || Arkansas : Trumann || Arkansas : Warren || Arkansas : West Helena || Arkansas : Wilson || Arkansas : Wynne || Arkansas : Yellville || Louisiana : Amite || Louisiana : Arcadia || Louisiana : Bastrop || Louisiana : Baton Rouge || Louisiana : Belle Chase || Louisiana : Bogalusa || Louisiana : Buras || Louisiana : Chalmette || Louisiana : Church Point || Louisiana : DESTREHAN || Louisiana : Delhi || Louisiana : Denham Springs || Louisiana : Donaldsonville || Louisiana : Dubach || Louisiana : Eunice || Louisiana : Ferriday || Louisiana : Fort Polk || Louisiana : Gonzales || Louisiana : Grayson || Louisiana : Gretna || Louisiana : Hammond || Louisiana : Haynesville || Louisiana : Hodge || Louisiana : Homer || Louisiana : Houma || Louisiana : Jefferson || Louisiana : Jena || Louisiana : Jennings || Louisiana : Joyce || Louisiana : Kenner || Louisiana : Killona || Louisiana : Labadieville || Louisiana : Lafayette || Louisiana : Lake Charles || Louisiana : Lake Providence || Louisiana : Lockport || Louisiana : Luling || Louisiana : Marksville || Louisiana : Metairie || Louisiana : Monroe || Louisiana : Montgomery || Louisiana : Montz || Louisiana : New Orleans || Louisiana : Newellton || Louisiana : Oak Grove || Louisiana : Port Allen || Louisiana : Rayville || Louisiana : Reserve || Louisiana : Ringgold || Louisiana : Saint Rose || Louisiana : Scott || Louisiana : Sibley || Louisiana : Springhill || Louisiana : St. Francisville || Louisiana : St. Gabriel || Louisiana : St. Joseph || Louisiana : St. Rose || Louisiana : Sterlington || Louisiana : Sulphur || Louisiana : Tallulah || Louisiana : Thibodaux || Louisiana : West Monroe || Louisiana : Westlake || Louisiana : Westwego || Louisiana : Winnsboro || Louisiana : Zachary || Mississippi : Belzoni || Mississippi : Brookhaven || Mississippi : CARTHAGE || Mississippi : Canton || Mississippi : Centerville || Mississippi : Charleston || Mississippi : Clarksdale || Mississippi : Cleveland || Mississippi : Clinton || Mississippi : Crystal Springs || Mississippi : Drew || Mississippi : Fayette || Mississippi : French Camp || Mississippi : Gloster || Mississippi : Greenville || Mississippi : Greenwood || Mississippi : Grenada || Mississippi : Hazlehurst || Mississippi : Hernando || Mississippi : Hollandale || Mississippi : Indianola || Mississippi : Jackson || Mississippi : Kosciusko || Mississippi : Lexington || Mississippi : Madison || Mississippi : Magee || Mississippi : Marks || Mississippi : Mccomb || Mississippi : Meadville || Mississippi : Mendenhall || Mississippi : Morton || Mississippi : Natchez || Mississippi : Nesbit || Mississippi : Pearl || Mississippi : Port Gibson || Mississippi : Prentiss || Mississippi : Ridgeland || Mississippi : Rolling Fork || Mississippi : Rosedale || Mississippi : Sallis || Mississippi : Sardis || Mississippi : Senatobia || Mississippi : Shelby || Mississippi : Southaven || Mississippi : Summer || Mississippi : Tunica || Mississippi : Tylertown || Mississippi : Vicksburg || Mississippi : Winona || Mississippi : Woodville || Mississippi : Yazoo City || Texas : Anahuac || Texas : Austin || Texas : Beaumont || Texas : Burkeville || Texas : Calvert || Texas : Cleveland || Texas : Conroe || Texas : Corpus Christi || Texas : Corrigan || Texas : Crystal Beach || Texas : Dayton || Texas : Groveton || Texas : Houston || Texas : Huntsville || Texas : Kountze || Texas : Madisonville || Texas : Marshall || Texas : Navasota || Texas : New Caney || Texas : Orange || Texas : Port Arthur || Texas : Port Neches || Texas : Silsbee || Texas : Somerville || Texas : Sour Lake || Texas : The Woodlands || Texas : Trinity || Texas : Vidor || Texas : Willis || Texas : Winnie || Texas : Woodlands || Texas : Woodville
Job Function : Information Technology
FLSA Status : Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code : NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings : 1
Req ID: 111223
Travel Percentage : Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please clickhere (https://jobs.entergy.com/content/EEO/?locale=en_US) to view the EEO page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here ([email protected]?subject=Accessibility) and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/manual/fccm/2l-equal-opportunity-clauses-and-other-requirements/2l00-equal-opportunity) and Pay Transparency (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency Notice:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (dol.gov) (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact [email protected] to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Job Segment: Solution Architect, SAP, Developer, Testing, ERP, Technology
Des Arc AR USA
Jobs in Des Arc AR United States
SAP AMI Device Management Architect Des Arc jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.