Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell Salt Lake City UT United States
6 days ago
The Senior Architect - Process will lead in the development of pharmaceutical and life science projects teams to create world-class designs for Life Science Clients. The Senior Architect - Process will lead the project team throughout the design and construction process and integrate process systems into the resulting architectural concepts and plans according to budget constraints... environmental factors, or client needs.
• Lead design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion for project needs and requirements that are set forth by clients and project colleagues.
• Develop, modify, and review production drawings for Life Science facilities.
• Participate in the development of project schedule, scope, budget staffing planning, and construction planning. Responsible for effective management of change orders.
• Applies knowledge and understanding of FDA, cGMP, and other concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the industry.
• Demonstrated ability to develop designs in new or renovated facilities which integrate equipment, processes, and people.
• Experienced in developing Process Architect deliverables across the Life Sciences industry including but not limited to Animal Health, Biotechnology, and Pharmaceutical facilities.
• Demonstrated ability to identify operational efficiency and optimization to reduce facility footprint.
• Applies expert knowledge of commonly used architectural concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the architectural industry. Compiles studies and reports. Writes specifications.
• Applies knowledge and experience to complex projects, and find's/develops non-standard design solutions.
• Quality review production drawings for a variety of projects and project-related data as required by the project managers to verify design compliance with project, client, and industry standards, including constructability.
• Quality review the construction administration including coordination with field personnel to resolve design-related installation issues, calculations, field inspections, and testing of materials.
• Leads field inspections, installation, measurements, or calculations for public and private clients.
• Prepare and present technical reports for clients and industry publications.
• Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers, and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are met.
• Participate in sales and marketing efforts and identify, lead, and manage key pursuits.
• Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance.
• Prepare, present, and manage project budgets and cost estimates. Report project performance.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to the architectural practice. Mentor and guide less experienced engineers.
• Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
• Responsible for effective communication with other architectural teams.
• Responsible for compliance with company and site safety policies.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited program is required.
• 8 years of architectural experience, consulting preferred.
• Registered Architect preferred.
• Expert knowledge in standard architectural techniques and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Expert computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
• Expert computer skills (e.g. BIM (Revit), Adobe Suites, and 3D rendering programs).
• Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
• Expert attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with leading the design for large projects and delegating work tasks to team members. Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills, and ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
• Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed architectural documents and specifications.
• Ability to travel.
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Other Locations US-OK-Oklahoma City, US-KS-Wichita, US-ME-Portland, US-AZ-Tucson, US-FL-Orlando, US-MD-Baltimore, US-TX-Austin, US-NE-Omaha, US-OH-Akron, US-GA-Atlanta, US-MA-Newton, US-MN-Duluth, US-AZ-Phoenix, US-TX-Fort Worth, US-TN-Chattanooga, US-VA-Norfolk, US-NC-Charlotte, US-TN-Nashville, US-MN-Minneapolis/St Paul, US-AR-Springdale, US-VA-Richmond, US-IL-Downers Grove, US-DC-Washington, US-NC-Raleigh, US-FL-Miami, US-AL-Huntsville, US-HI-Honolulu, US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-MI-Detroit, US-OH-Columbus, US-SC-Greenville, US-MO-Saint Louis, US-NJ-Morristown, US-SC-Aiken, US-TX-Houston, US-VA-Roanoke, US-KY-Lexington, US-IL-O'Fallon, US-TX-Dallas, US-IL-Chicago, US-SD-Sioux Falls, US-PA-Conshohocken
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 230457 Job Hire Type Experienced
Salt Lake City UT USA
Jobs in Salt Lake City UT United States
Senior Process Architect - Life Science & Technology (Multiple... Salt Lake City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.