Vale Canada Long Harbour-Mount Arlington Heights Canada
1 week ago
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our Newfoundland and Labrador Operations are an integrated mining, milling, and processing operation. Nickel... concentrate from the fly-in, fly-out Voisey's Bay operation is shipped to our state-of-art Long Harbour Processing Plant where it is refined into low-carbon and high-purity nickel rounds, cobalt rounds and copper cathodes.
We are currently seeking a CIVIL/MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP STUDENT FOR FALL 2023 to join our Vale Newfoundland and Labrador Operations. This position is based at a home office with travel to the Long Harbour site as required. This is a fixed term (4 month) position.
As an Engineering Co-op Student, you will have the opportunity to further your development by providing day-to-day support for various projects and initiatives within the IAM - Projects Department. From operations to leadership development, diversity & inclusion, and culture, you will have a holistic and enriching experience like no other. You will also gain a deeper understanding of our company and our sustainable approach to mining via exposure to other Vale operations in Canada and our global headquarters in Brazil.
In this position, you will gain exposure to all aspects of capital project delivery and assist the team in managing a Capital portfolio. Your duties will include:
• Safety, Risk & Quality Assurance
• Support the Safe Production Model of risk and hazard management and lead by example.
• Providing input to project risk management.
• Assisting with periodic internal audits to ensure written procedures stay relevant and up to date and conducting periodic audits of construction contractors.
• Project Scoping, Planning and Tracking
• Project scoping documentation and budget development.
• Project schedule development during the planning phase by soliciting input from the project team, engineering, vendors, contractors, etc.
• Monitoring & controlling schedule progress during all project phases. This includes contractor and vendor oversight to ensure all schedules are aligned and their schedule reports meet Vale requirements.
• Providing input to change management documentation.
• Monitoring & controlling costs during all project phases. This includes assisting with monthly project forecasts.
• Engineering Design
• Working with the discipline engineers and document control to manage the development, review, and approval of mechanical, piping, electrical & instrumentation drawings and specifications.
• Maintaining project deliverable lists and participating in reviews of engineering deliverables and hazard identification processes.
• Working with Document Control to ensure deliverables are properly issued and handling the transmission of formal communications to/from external contractors.
• Procurement & Contract Coordination
• Assisting in preparation of procurement scopes of work for tendering.
• Entering project requisitions in SAP as required.
• Working with procurement buyers to ensure POs are generated on time.
• Coordinating with vendors on delivery schedules, deliverables, and quality assurance issues. Expediting materials where required.
• Coordinating with the warehouse to ensure materials are properly received.
• Construction Coordination, Commissioning & Handover
• Interfacing with contracts coordinators and other vale groups to ensure contractors are mobilized to site.
• Coordinating the day-to-day interface with construction contractors, including ensuring project timelines, safety and any other contractual requirements are being met by all parties.
• Assisting with project commissioning, walkdowns, handovers and as-building as required.
• Currently enrolled as a student in an Engineering (Co-op) Program.
• Previous work experience in an industrial setting would be an asset.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills and a proven safety record are essential.
What we offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Long Harbour Operations currently offers:
• Flexible work schedule.
• Bus service departing from the St. John's vicinity.
• Opportunities to build your network and lots of fun!
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
Interested applicants must submit their application online at https://vale.eightfold.ai/careers.
Apply by: Monday, May 22, 2023
Long Harbour-Mount Arlington Heights NL
Jobs in Long Harbour-Mount Arlington Heights Canada
Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering Co-op Student Long Harbour-Mount Arlington Heights jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.