TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions Ottawa Canada
5 days ago
Position: Intermediate /Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer / Designer
Engineering Consulting Firm
Competitive Salary Package
An opportunity exists in our client’s Ottawa office for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer / Designer to join a multidisciplinary team. This company is a leading firm in Canada and has a well-established presence and a strong portfolio of work across many sectors.
In this intermediate/senior role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on residential, mixed use, institutional and commercial buildings. The successful candidate will have experience creating complex mechanical design systems for these types of projects and be able to work through all phases. They will also be responsible for providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff, coordinating skill-sets with other teams and disciplines, and... satisfying project delivery requirements, particularly on the design side.
Other responsibilities include:
• Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
• Coordinate and be responsible for mechanical engineering designs,drawings and specifications.
• Collaborate with Architects and projects teams to ensure design requirements are met and to solve design problems and technical issues
• Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects,
• Support specific proposal, and project efforts.
• Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
• Assist in preparing detailed engineering design calculations.
• Assist junior staff
• 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Design, with at least 3+ years of experience working with building projects from within Canada (commercial, residential or civic, etc.)
• Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
• Strong design skills for creating complex designs for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
• Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
• Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others
• Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
• Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices.
• Excellent knowledge of national and provincial building codes and standards.
• Working understanding of and familiarity with AutoCAD. Exposure to BIM and Revit will be an asset, so as to be able to review drawings.
• Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
• Good verbal communication and soft skills - able to manage teams and lead projects.
• Able to work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
• Work for an excellent company with a strong presence in Canada
• Competitive compensation package, great benefits,
• Collaborative team culture
• Opportunity for professional development
Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Engineer Ottawa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.