State of Indiana
State of Indiana Branchville IN United States
2 weeks ago
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day...
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion - Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to complete the application and interview process, as well as perform the essential functions of a role.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Branchville Correctional Facility:
Branchville Correctional Facility is an Indiana Department of Correction state prison for men, located in Branchville, Perry County, Indiana, on the southern edge of the state. The prison is a medium-security facility opened in 1982 and has a capacity of 1,455.
The salary for this position traditionally starts at $42,900.00 but may be commensurate with education or work experience.
About the Job:
As the Correctional Officer, you will be responsible for working as a part of a team in an Indiana Department of Correction (IDOC) facility for juvenile or adult offenders. In this position, you will be reporting to a Correctional Sergeant working on a 12-hour shift, rotating across a variety of duty assignments as needed. You will be responsible for supervising the offenders and monitoring their daily activities. This includes directing and ensuring that the offenders perform their daily activities on schedule such as meals, recreation, education, programs, and work assignments.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
• Monitor assigned areas at various intervals for security of offenders, count of offenders, and security of buildings and grounds.
• Follow and ensure compliance with established security procedures.
• Manage offenders in various work details including general clean-up of institutional grounds and buildings.
• Escort offenders to and from various locations across the facility for food, medicines, work assignment, and recreation.
• Keep records and make reports on such matters as offender’s movements, activities, and rule violations.
• Search offender housing areas and visitors for possible unauthorized items.
The job profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You'll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for employment:
• Possession of a High School Diploma or High School Equivalent (HSE).
• At least eighteen (18) years of age.
• Be willing to travel with reasonable accommodation.
• Must test negative on all drug screenings.
• Veteran/law enforcement candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Ability to work with and around offenders per DOC mission statement.
• Ability to work mandatory/voluntary overtime in any shift; up to 16 consecutive hours per day.
• Ability to understand and utilize chemical agents properly.
• Ability to communicate effectively, including giving clear directions to offenders, completion of offender/conduct reports etc.
• Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to apply as needed.
You must satisfy the following requirements to continue employment:
• Ability to successfully complete the personal protection training.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role provides supervision for incarcerated individuals and requires a high level of judgment and care.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
• Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans.
• Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan and gift cards);
• Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state contribution;
• Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities;
• Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match;
• Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options;
• A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
• 150 hours of paid new parent leave;
• Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave;
• Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave time off;
• 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years;
• Education Reimbursement Program;
• Group life insurance;
• Referral Bonus program;
• Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits;
• Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program;
• Free Parking for most positions;
• Free LinkedIn Learning access;
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruit, select, develop, and promote employees based on individual ability and job performance. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer-employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. We will comply with the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable state and federal laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, you can request assistance by contacting the Indiana State Personnel Department at [email protected].
The State of Indiana has established a culture that welcomes equity, inclusion, and opportunity for all employees and applicants. We encourage you to apply if you feel you have the transferrable skills to be successful in this position and we look forward to reviewing your application
Branchville IN USA
Jobs in Branchville IN United States
Correctional Officer Branchville jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.