University of Banja Luka
University of Banja Luka Vila Real Portugal
2 weeks ago
Organisation/Company ForestWISE Research Field Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Portugal Application Deadline 22 May 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon) Type of Contract To be defined Job Status Full-time Hours Per Week 40 Offer Starting Date 9 May 2023 Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme? European Union / Next Generation EU Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure? No
RECRUITMENT NOTICE -PROJECT TECHNICIAN
CoLAB ForestWISE is a Collaborative Laboratory focused on forest and fire issues through thedevelopment of (co)research, innovation and knowledge transfer and technology activities. Our goal is to increase and improve sustainable forest management in Portugal, the competitiveness of the Portuguese forestry sector and to reduce negative consequences of large rural fires. CoLAB ForestWISE currently leads or participates in national and international large scale and... impact projects in the forest and fire areas.
CoLAB orestWISE opens position for two Project Managers in the area of Forest Engineering in the scope of the transForm Green Agenda - Digital Transformation of the Forestry Sector for a Resilient and Low Carbon Economy, supported by the Component 5 - Promotion of Sustainable Bioeconomy (PRR | C5 Agenda Notice No. 02/C05-i01/2022), through European funds provided to Portugal by the Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP), under the Recovery and Resilience Mechanism (RRM) of the European Union (EU), framed within the Next Generation UE, for the period from 2021-2026.
Position: Project Managers in the area of Forest Engineering – two positions
Summary description of the function:
Under the supervision of the CoLAB ForestWISE’s CTO and the Agenda transForm coordination, the Project Technician will:
• Autonomous development of research activities, knowledge creation and knowledge and technology transfer, in the scope of sustainable forest management, Network of Permanent Plots and good forestry practices, as part of the transForm Agenda, namely activities related to: (i) the use of statistical data and geospatial data for forestry applications; (ii) articulation between partners in the follow-up of plot installation and monitoring actions, with links to the national forest inventory and other related initiatives; (iii) analysis and processing of information related to the plot network that will be implemented; (iv) database management;
• Support the development of digital platforms to provide data for the forestry sector, as part of the activities of the transForm Agenda projects, namely by identifying and compiling relevant data typologies, identifying interest data applications, conducting tests on test versions of platforms under development to identify possible gaps and/or problems;
• Prepare activity reports in the context of the Agenda;
• Collaborate with the other members of the Agenda, namely, with companies, academia and public entities for the good execution of the Agenda projects
• Promote and participate in communication, dissemination and knowledge transfer initiatives of CoLAB ForestWISE, associated with the transForm Agenda projects or others that may be relevant to them;
• Support the implementation of other project management activities, including technical monitoring and communication;
• Represent CoLAB ForestWISE when requested.
Research Field Other Education Level Master Degree or equivalent
Degree or master's degree in Forest Sciences or similar.
If the qualification has been acquired by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognised by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of Decree-Law No. 341/2007, of 12 October, regulated by Order No. 227/2017, of 25 July and updated by Decree-Law No. 66/2018, published in the Diário da República (1st Series, No. 157, of 16 August 2018), having any formalities established in this document be complied with by the effective date of the hiring.
Personal skills/ Soft Skills:
• Organization and work method skills;
• Easy integration on teamwork;
• Ease of relationship with different interlocutors;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent writing and synthesis skills;
• Proactivity and ability to identify improvements in the information flows;
• Proactivity in solving organization's daily issues;
• Availability and flexibility of schedule.
Among others, the following are prioritized:
• At least three years of professional experience in the field of forest management, particularly in one or more of the following areas: application of geospatial data, digital platforms, data science;
• Experience in the participation and/or management of research and/or consultancy projects, in collaboration with companies and/or entities of the national scientific and technological system;
• Experience in working with public and private forestry sector entities and other forestry sector agents in Portugal (preferential factor);
• Written and oral command of Portuguese and English (level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
• Knowledge of Office user's perspective.
Languages ENGLISH Level Good
Research Field Other Years of Research Experience 1 - 4
Each selected Project Technician will be entitled to an employment contract with a fixed annual salary between TRU 15 and TRU 32 levels according to the curriculum vitae and the experience presented and proven.
- Interview with candidates with curricular evaluation equal to or greater than 14 points.
- The final classification will be the weighted average of the curriculum evaluation, which will assume a weight of 60%, and the interview, which will represent 40%.
- Selection of the candidate with the best final ranking.
- The jury reserves the right to decide not to select any candidate if they agree that none of the candidates has the profile required.
Francisco Carvalho – Member of the Board
Nuno Calado – Member of the Board
Vila Real Portugal
Project Manager – Forest Sciences Vila Real jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.