OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group Illinois United States
1 week ago
The department of pediatrics, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP), is seeking a board-certified pediatrician or internal medicine physician with expertise as a clinical geneticist to serve as a full-time member of the faculty at the level of assistant/associate/professor.
• Provide outpatient diagnostic and management services for patients in the region with genetic disorders or undergoing genetic testing and provide inpatient consultation for children with inherited disorders or dysmorphologies. Coordinate the efforts of related professionals to assure continuous availability of services. Monitor and take steps to enhance the quality of genetic services delivered
• Develop and work on educational programs and activities for medical students and residents in relation to clinical genetics.
• Maintain a spirit of inquiry and scholarship in the activities of the genetic service.
• Perform administrative duties and University service as assigned.
• Some travel may be required between healthcare facilities.
• Illinois physician medical license
• ABMGG board-certified or board-eligible for certification
Peoria is a great community that has many of the amenities you find in large cities, including a symphony orchestra, professional theatre companies, a ballet troupe, professional sports, and a civic center, where national acts perform nearly every week. It is the worldwide headquarters of Caterpillar, Inc., and home to Bradley University, which was ranked 3rd among Midwestern comprehensive universities by U.S. News & World Report.
Peoria is also notable for what you won't find. Like long commutes, high crime rates, or a high cost of living. All this, along with solid Midwestern values, makes Peoria a family-friendly place to live.
UICOMP supports a thriving education program with approximately 21 categorical pediatric residents and 32 combined medicine-pediatrics residents. The Department of Pediatrics has 72 faculty members covering most pediatric subspecialties and primary care. The clinical activities of the faculty are primarily concentrated at CHOI.
OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois (CHOI) is the primary pediatric teaching facility for UICOMP and is a 132-bed facility that offers over 50 pediatric programs and services. These programs represent over 100 pediatric sub-specialists in 24 different disciplines, including the largest pediatric surgery program in Illinois. CHOI is the only fill service tertiary hospital for children in downstate Illinois. It is a designated Level I Trauma Center, and a Pediatric Critical Care Center, as well as having a Regional Perinatal center, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer
Jobs in Illinois United States
Pediatric Clinical Geneticist Academic Opportunity in Peoria, IL Illinois jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.