Marriott Chile Chile
2 weeks ago
Manages rooms and where appropriate, function space inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits for hotels in the market.
Responsible for building rates, packages and hotel sales strategy information in the hotel(s)’ inventory systems. The position makes pricing and positioning recommendations for market hotels.
Conducts analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory. Position contributes to forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections.
Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
- Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
- Manages function space authorizations, restrictions and rental.
- Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
- Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the... hotel(s) and responsible for maximizing transient revenue.
- Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers
- Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
- Prepares sales strategy critique.
- Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all brands.
- Ensures that sales strategies are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation centers.
- Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
- Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue system tests to avoid pricing errors.
- Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and eCommerce channels
- Ensures all hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and / or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR).
- Understands the working relationship between sales, reservations and property management systems.
- Participates in periodic regional reviews
- Promotes and protects brand integrity and positioning.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
- Establishes long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Understands and anticipates the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes / systems / products to make improvements.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Creates long range forecast for rooms and catering by segment and updates forecast every period.
- Creates weekly forecast for property operations and staffing purposes
- Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
- Maintains accurate reservation system information.
- Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Generates updates on transient segment each period.
- Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
- Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space for prescribed timeframes
- Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
- Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space
- Develops and / or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc. Building Successful Relationships
- Proactively develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
- Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional / corporate systems support.
- Informs and / or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience A degree in a relevant business discipline preferred or demonstration of equivalent work experience.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values. Managing Execution
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and / or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;
initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and / or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and / or others; Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and / or others;
prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed. Arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed. Building Relationships
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and / or cultural perspectives;
utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and / or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and / or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Revenue Management - Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management.
Skill in using a Yield Management system and interpreting pricing and inventory reports. o Analysis - The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data to make inferences and recommendations.
Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data. o Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical cycles, travel and tourism trends, and real estate market dynamics.
The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it. o Inventory Management - The ability to manage rooms and function space restrictions and thresholds using systems or manually in order to maximize revenue / profit across all segments.
o Computer Skills - The willingness to learn and ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs and analyses.
This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball. o Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L; statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
o Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities. o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.
g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.). o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents. o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed.
We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you
Manager Revenue Management, Chile | FEO - F-280 jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.