Methodist Children'S Home Society
Methodist Children'S Home Society New York NY United States
2 weeks ago
We are on the lookout for a focused Director of Youth and Homeless Services to join our dynamic team at Methodist Children's Home Society in Detroit, MI.
Growing your career as a Full Time Director of Youth and Homeless Services is a fantastic opportunity to develop relevant skills.
If you are strong in decision-making, persuasion and have the right experience for the job, then apply for the... position of Director of Youth and Homeless Services at Methodist Children's Home Society today!
The Director of Youth Crisis and Homeless Services will serve as an important member of the agency’s leadership team and implement the strategic vision of the agency. The Director will oversee the programs and services related to youth e xperiencing homelessness including the LGBTQ+ community ; additionally the Director will work to develop strong community relationships within the program to discover, and implement culturally responsive, best practice services that address youth mental health and homelessness within the region and ensure youth have permanent supportive housing.
• Work with the Program Supervisors and treatment teams to implement and oversee Trauma-Informed Treatment within each program and ensure fidelity to contracts, department goals, and treatment modalities.
• Work with the Program Supervisors and various other Directors to oversee meet department goals and contract objectives as well as meet clients emotional, physical, and basic needs within the guidelines of the highest standard of care.
• Manage the operations of transitional housing and rapid rehousing programs and enforce best practice models to ensure that the programs are functioning within the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by the HAND, HUD, MCHS and COA.
• Oversee the program staff to ensure that they are functioning within the requirements of their job duties; provide guidance, training, assistance and support to staff when needed, including planning for staffing, performance management, professional development, adjusting workloads as necessary, and addressing and resolving complaints to create a climate of teamwork and motivation; directly manage staff and be able to effectively perform the program and administrative duties of supervisors or case managers as needed in those roles.
• Act as staff expert for the programs , working with the program staff regarding department or program licensing/certification rules, licensing complaints and rulings to ensure ongoing compliance with all agency, licensing, contractual, and legal obligations and requirements.
• Maintains an up-to-date understanding of the latest innovative, evidence-based practices for providing services and/or treatment of LGBTQ+ youth
Education and Experiences
• A Master’s Degree in human behavioral science such as Social Work (MSW) or related discipline where 25% of the course credits earned toward the degree are in human behavior sciences.
• Five (5) years’ experience as a supervisor in a residential, transitional housing, or inpatient setting working with serious emotional disorder (SED) at-risk young adults between the ages of 18-25.+
MCHS offers a generous compensation package which includes medical and dental benefits which are 100% covered by the employer, generous PTO plan, supplemental benefits, 401k with match, professional development opportunities, and more!
MCHS is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics as established by law. This policy extends to all policies and procedures related to the recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Benefits of working as a Director of Youth and Homeless Services in Detroit, MI:
● Excellent benefits
● Opportunities to grow
● Advantageous package
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Director of Youth and Homeless Services - with Growth Opportunities New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.