Columbus Consolidated Government
Columbus Consolidated Government Columbus GA Georgia
1 week ago
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Receipts and processes revenue from all departments; processes cash payments received in person or through mail; balances cash received on a daily basis.
• Assists the general public; answers questions; provides assistance and information...
• Performs analysis of cash for accuracy of cash position.
• Maintains and balances petty cash funds.
• Distributes payroll checks.
• Prints daily banking reports and inputs information to cash flow worksheet.
• Processes ACH/wire transactions on weekly basis; ACH debit transactions for loan payments and retiree health/vision/dental payments on monthly basis.
• Creates and maintains filing system for area of responsibility.
• Checks outstanding/cleared checks for other departments and enters stop payments when needed.
• Issues trash decals for uptown businesses.
• Inputs payment documents for monthly vendor payments.
• Maintains discount movie ticket sales; reorders as needed.
• Maintains office supply inventory.
• Reviews outstanding check list monthly to void/re-issue or determine unclaimed property status.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding the collection of taxes and other revenues.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of cash register operations.
• Knowledge of multi-line phone system.
• Skill in utilizing financial computer software programs.
• Skill in problem solving and decision making.
• Skill in operating standard office equipment.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
Minimum Educational and Training Requirements
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the occupational field, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee must occasionally lift light objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
• Feeling - perceiving attributes of objects by touch with skin, fingertips.
• Grasping - applying pressure to object with fingers, palm.
• Handling - picking, holding, or working with whole hand.
• Hearing 1 - perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
• Hearing 2 - receive detailed information, make discrimination in sound.
• Kneeling - bending legs at knee to come to rest at knees.
• Manual Dexterity - picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
• Mental Acuity - ability to make rational decisions through sound logic, deductive reasoning.
• Repetitive Motion - substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
• Speaking - expressing ideas with spoken word, convey detailed, important instructions accurately, concisely.
• Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word
• Visual Acuity 1 - prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
• Visual Acuity 2 - color, depth perception, field of vision.
• Visual Acuity 3 - determine accuracy, neatness, observe facilities/structures.
The Columbus Consolidated Government is proud to offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. Benefits include the following:
• Low-cost Medical Insurance
• Prescription Drug Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Credit Union
• Direct Deposit
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Vacation Leave
• Sick Leave
• PERK Time Off
• Retirement Plan
• Supplemental Retirement Plan
• Free and Discounted Services
• Employee Assistance Program
Take advantage of these free and discounted City Services offered to all City Employees.
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Free Notary Services
• Ride a Metra Bus for Free
• Free Mulch
• Free Fire/Safety Home Inspection
• Sunray Cleaners discounts
• Adopt a pet for Free from Animal Control
• Driver's Training for Employee Dependents
• Oxbow/Bull Creek Golf Course discounts
• River Center Discounts
• Cell Phone Carrier Discounts
The Columbus Consolidated Government offers a defined benefit retirement plan to eligible employees who work in General Government and in Public Safety. Employees in the pension plan must meet both age and years of service requirements to qualify for retirement. The current vesting period is ten years, and the current pension contribution rate is 8% of your gross salary.
Supplemental Retirement Plan
The Columbus Consolidated Government offers a Deferred Compensation Plan or supplemental retirement plan that is tax deferred. This plan allows employees to contribute a portion of their salary, before federal and state taxes, to a retirement account. Your compensation is more than a paycheck, it allows you to plan for your financial future as well.
Which best describes your level of education?
• No High School Diploma
• High School Diploma
• Technical College
• Some College
• Associate's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree
• Master's Degree
• Doctorate's Degree
How many years of accounting, cashiering and/or administrative experience which includes some experience interacting with managers and general public do you have?
• 0 -1 year
• 1 -3 years
• 3 - 5 years
• 5 years or more
Please list and explain any specialized training you have relating to accounting, cashiering and/or administration.
Please list and explain any on-the-job or formal customer service training you have.
Please list and explain any work experience you have with applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding the collection of taxes and other revenues.
Please list and explain any work experience you have with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
What financial computer software programs are you skilled in utilizing?
Please list and explain any work experience you have with a multi-line phone system.
Please list and explain any work experience you have with operating a cash register.
Agency Columbus Consolidated Government
Address 100 10th Street, West Wing, 1st floor
Columbus, Georgia, 31902
Columbus GA USA
Accounting Technician - G115 - Finance Columbus jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.