Citi Melbourne VIC Australia
1 week ago
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Our Operations and Technology team builds, supports and delivers the infrastructure, security and operational elements that empower Citi to pursue our mission of enabling growth and economic progress. Our teams are embedded in the functions and businesses to deliver the optimal tools and environments, allowing Citi to be the best for our clients.
We’re currently looking for a... high caliber professional to join our team as a Senior Officer within our Collective Investment Support team based in Melbourne. In this role, you’re expected to:
• Assist management with the design and testing through to delivery of the optimal operating model to support governance and control of the Managed Funds, Private Equity, Trust, Term Deposit & 11am Cash and other Collective Investment asset classes by leveraging Citi operating models
• Assist management where required with the development and structure of the governance and control model to support the growing team in multiple locations inclusive but not limited to Sydney, Melbourne & Kuala Lumpur.
• Assist management when required with development, compliance with the governance and oversight framework for the onshore & offshore teams to ensure services are in line with current Citi guidelines & SLA’s.
• Assist management to identify cost savings opportunities by leveraging experience and making suggestions to management for use of best processing or technology solutions to increase the STP rates across the collective investment assets support flows
• Work collaboratively and in partnership with all stakeholders, such as management, local and regional product and sales teams, Fund administration and other areas of the business as required to ensure we leverage synergies and efficiencies across the group and build effective relationships with clients and key stakeholders.
• Assist management with resolution of complex and variable BAU settlement related issues, liaise with multiple team managers and department heads on varying matters and escalate issue to direct seniors as required.
• Engage and support product driven reviews and technical builds as required, especially around the Collective Investment Support team responsibility.
• Work closely with the team manager, department head and internal stakeholders on implementation and on-boarding of all new client transitions and on/off boarding as required.
• Proactively assist management with the team resource as requested, by participation in and assisting with the development of talent and aid focus on staff skillset growth and capabilities.
• Serve as an analytical and/or procedural advisor to management and stakeholders in the Collective Investment Support space while also supporting a wide range of internal and external client needs.
• Support management with technical reviews, assist with raising “Business Requirement Documents’ (BRD) as required, identify and define process problems and suggest / develop innovative solutions, streamline processes and assist with change-the-bank projects when requested.
• Assist management with the preparation and validation of potentially complex material for the Collective Investment Support product from multiple sources, including external clients and internal operations groups as required.
• Serve as a mentor, advisor, and coach to new and junior level staff on current workflow processes and procedure employed for the various tasks across the team and also the wider departments when required.
• Assist management with assessing operational risks when processing decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and escalate concern of those who fail to maintain the expected standards
• Assist with the team responsibility for audit, risk and compliance reviews when required
As a successful candidate, you’d ideally have the following skills and exposure:
• 3 - 5 years of experience processing in Unlisted Unit Trust (UUT) or Managed Fund Market (MF), (APPS/REDS & In-Species) and Private Equity (Derivative products) for both Domestic and International markets gained within a funds management, custody environment or Registry/TA.
• Advanced level experience in a related role with commensurate experience in people management preferred but not essential
• Strong experience in Banking and Financial Institutions preferred
• Knowledge of custody and funds industry framework locally in AU/NZ, an International processing understanding would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Demonstrated success coordinating with management and senior leadership
• Ability to manage various concurrent activities/processes in a high-risk environment
• Consistently demonstrated clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work under pressure, manage and handle change to processing and maintain a high standard of processing complex change and in a challenging environment
• Highly computer literate - MS Office applications
• Basic project management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Good client relationships and stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong Individual and team development ethos
• Strong focus on clients with the ability to evaluate needs and formulate solutions
• Team player at all levels - able to articulate position clearly, based on fact and be sensitive to the positions, needs and requirements of others
• Demonstrate self-development e.g. coaching/mentoring
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Securities Institute or tertiary qualifications preferred but not essential
Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services
Securities and Derivatives Processing
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Collective Investment Assets Support Senior Officer Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.