Bantrel Co. Edmonton Canada
2 weeks ago
Bantrel is hiring an
Electrical Engineer / Designer
to join their Energy team based in Edmonton, AB.
• Plan, coordinate or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations, award recommendations and vendor document review for equipment in an EPC environment.
• Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
• When delegated, assumes a lead/sub-lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
• Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
• Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Knowledgeable of and performs... standard discipline engineering activities on projects of medium/large size with minimal technical oversight.
• Coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
• Design of high, medium and low voltage distribution system.
• Electric Heat tracing design.
• Preparation of engineering deliverables such as:
• Hazardous Area Classification drawings; Single/Three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets;Cable/conduit/tray routing plans, electrical/instrumentation location drawings, electrical building layout drawing etc.Equipment sizing, and electrical engineering/design calculations (cable sizing, voltage drop and lighting calculations).Power system studies (load flow, fault/arc flash calculations, relay coordination, motor starting and grounding studies)
• Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Provide technical direction, assign/review work of engineers, designers, and drafters.
• Understand the standard engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
• Degree or Diploma in an Engineering or Scientific discipline from an accredited College or University, OR a professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, OR;
• Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
• Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
• Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
• 7+ years electrical engineering experience in Power, Oil & Gas, Refinery, or Petrochemical projects in EPC environment.
• Previous supervisory and/or lead experience will be an asset.
• Knowledge of power system design software (ETAP, SKM Power tools, EasyPower), Smartplant 3D and Smartplant Electrical (SPEL) will be an asset
Electrical Engineer / Designer - Oil Energy Edmonton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.