Northern Health Fort St John Canada
1 week ago
PERMANENT FULL TIME
FT. ST. JOHN MED CLINIC
FSO INTERPROF TEAM 3
PRIMARY CARE TEAM LEAD
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Staff are expected to work in multiple settings
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
• * Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Dietitian looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Primary Care department.
Within the context of a person and family-centered model of care and in accordance with Northern Health’s vision for an idealized system of services built on a foundation of Primary... Health Care, the Primary Care Dietitian works collaboratively with interprofessional teams to develop a plan of care and deliver health services coordinated through the Primary Care Home. The Dietitian practices in accordance with the professional standards and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
The Dietitian provides competent, safe, and ethical care for people and their families in settings such as physician practices, homes, facilities, and communities, and applies the principles of evidence-informed practice to achieve effective outcomes related to their participation in valued activities. Through clinical assessment, treatment planning, recommended interventions, and follow up, the Dietitian contributes to the fulfillment of the overall plan of care developed by the interprofessional team and informed by the person’s personal goals for care.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday to Friday, Days - 08:30 to 16:30
New Wage: As of April 1, 2023, the new wage is: $39.56 - $49.39/hour
Primary and Community Care
Northern Health’s approach to person and family-centered care involves creating health care teams, which include your doctor or nurse practitioner and other health care professionals, to provide a range of health care services. The quality of care increases by providing continuity of care over time and across settings, and will result in better long-term health outcomes.
Fort St. John is located above the Peace River Valley, and has a diverse population of 21,000 (2021) and serves an area of approximately 69,000. The friendly, small town feel comes with big city amenities and a vibrant arts community. Check out Fort St. John for more information on what this energetic community has to offer.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Three/Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• Two years of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
• Practice specific requirements and experience in programs such as: Diabetes Education, Nutrition Support, and Kidney and Chronic Disease Management Programs.
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interprofessional team using, oral written and computer communication and practicing culture safety. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate use of data analysis and reporting tools.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation, and participates in professional development of self and others
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
• All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
Fort St John BC
PRIMARY CARE DIETITIAN (FULL TIME) Fort St John jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.