Nova Scotia Health Authority
Nova Scotia Health Authority Sydney Canada
2 weeks ago
About the Opportunity
The Dietitian is responsible and accountable to provide competent, safe, and ethical professional practice to the patient/client, family, and community. The Dietitian advises on diet and food and nutrition across all health sectors. This position is responsible for providing leadership in team efforts to support the nutritional health of the patient, including the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition and medical nutrition therapy using the Nutrition Care Process. The Dietitian participates in the Dietetic Practicum and Internship program, including but not limited to preceptoring and mentoring Dietetic Students.
The dietitian is accountable to employ an evidence informed approach to practice.
As a member of the Nutrition and Food services, the Dietitian contributes to client care through collaboration with healthcare team providers, sharing nutrition expertise, ensuring quality and continuity of care, and supporting a range of healthcare... services. These services are provided within a holistic, client centered framework in accordance with our mission, vision, values, and strategic direction.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
• Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition at a recognized University
• Dietetic Internship Program required
• Current registration (or eligibility) with the Nova Scotia College of Dietitians and Nutritionists required
• Minimum one year working experience as a dietitian preferred
• Inpatient clinical nutrition experience is an assets
• Competency in dysphagia management, enteral and parenteral nutrition
• Experience counselling patients
• Current WHMIS an asset
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work under pressure of time limitations
• Demonstrated participation in continuing education and upgrading of skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of the interprofessional healthcare team
• Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
A skills test may be required as part of the selection process.
• Permanent-Part time, 40% FTE; 30 hours biweekly
• Hours may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Compensation and Incentives
$32.78 - $43.21 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan. (Permanent and Long Assignments only
Administrative Dietitian Sydney jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.