M-PLOY GLOBAL RESOURCING
M-PLOY GLOBAL RESOURCING Centurion South Africa
2 weeks ago
POSITION TYPE Fixed Term Contract
• 12 Months
CLOSING DATE 2 May 2023
SALARY R 993 665 CTC Per Annum
• The Credit Manager is responsible for the overall applications receivable fromCommercial Development and Business Banking (CDBB) portfolio assigned totheir defined region as it relates to credit assessment function and credit riskmanagement of new business, existing business and restructured accounts.
• Manage the end to end credit process of Commercial Development and BusinessBanking clients in order to enable the Company to provide sustainable financingto Commercial Development and Business Banking farmers.
• Collectively approve loans and credit limits under delegated authority within theCommercial Credit Committee (CCC) structure and review transactions forrecommendation within delegated authority mandate.
• Find innovative credit solutions for Commercial Development and BusinessBanking clients in order to ensure that credit risks in this target... market areadequately assessed, mitigated and controlled.
• Co-ordinate Commercial Credit Committee (CCC) , Credit AdjudicationCommittee (CAC) and Pricing Committee meetings; manage committeeprocesses and policies, and act as an information and reference point for theChairman and other committee members.
• Manage, control and authorise tasks performed by subordinates ( output of theCredit Analysts and Credit Administrators)
• Effectively liaise and communicate with the relevant stakeholders within theCompany to action performance gaps and variances in the credit evaluationprocess.
• Actively provide input in the review and or improvement of the Credit Policy andProcedures in order to enhance and ensure that the legal and businessrequirements are met.
• Management of the records (minutes, agendas, decision forms, registers, ratingsand declarations) and safe keeping of all CRMC, CCC, CAC and Pricingcommittee meetings attended
• A relevant 3 year qualification (Degree/Diploma e.g. BCom or BTech)
BSc Agriculture degree could be considered with relevant commercialexperience.
• 5- 8 years Credit management experience which includes:
• Commercial Credit Finance/Business Banking deal structuring
• Structured trade and commodity finance
• Strong Financial and Credit Analysis and Assessment background
• Evaluation of existing business restructure
• Managing turnaround time.
Job Duties /Responsibilities
Quality Credit Assessment and Credit Risk Management
• Conduct and ensure quality credit assessment of the loan applications in orderto conform to the set standards, highlight anomalies and suggest correctivemeasures in order to enable the Company to improve quality of loan book.
• Assess business and financial risk by analysing financial statements of applicants
• Review credit applications for re-advancement of loans taking into considerationpast operational/financial performance of
• Identify any deviation from the Account Management Policy and take remedialaction.
• Monitor and review emerging issues in the re-advanced loans and take decisionsthereon or make recommendationsCollective mandate to approve loans and credit limits under delegatedauthority
• Compulsory attendance of meetings by the Credit Manager as a voting member.
• Consider and recommend applications that are mandated to committee forapproval, in instances where there is an exception to the approved credit policies
• To implement the Credit Policy.
• Ensure a uniform application of credit policies and processes throughout theCompany;
• Prepare for the meeting including pre-meeting reading of documents circulatedprior to the [URL Removed] and perform the duty of the Committee Secretariat (CAC, CCC andPricing Committee)
• Co-ordinate Commercial Credit Committee (CCC) , Credit AdjudicationCommittee (CAC) and Pricing Committee meetings.
• Provide advice to the Chairman and all members on committee policy andprocesses;
• Capture the record of decision in the relevant form accurately, any declaration ofinterests made by members and the decision made by the Chairperson withregards to recusal and participation on the matter that was deliberated;
• Ensure Decision forms are signed within 24 hours of a meeting being held;Credit Policies and Procedures
• Ensure that the quality and management of the credit portfolio being consideredis in accordance with the Credit policies and procedures of the Bank
• Ensure that policies and procedures are in place to manage and control creditrisk within the Company;
• Provide inputs to review of the Credit policies based on insights gained throughmanagement of the credit application process
• Thorough review of applications with Provincial offices, check adherence toapproved credit policies and norms, highlight deviations and suggest correctiveaction
• Follow up on suggested corrective actions and submit memos for approval to therelevant Credit CommitteeStakeholder Management
• Compile relevant training materials and provide training and guidance to therelevant stakeholders on credit related matters
• Manage and respond to all allocated queries
• Responsible to build and maintain relationships within the allocated region
• Responsible to manage and provide technical support to Provincial Offices inrespect of credit tools.
• Responsible to promote a culture of credit risk management with all the relevantstakeholders by optimising and streamlining commercial credit approval workprocesses to promote efficient turnaroundGovernance, recording keeping and reporting
• Attend to audit findings relating to credit applications for relevant region
• Initiate corrective action based on audit findings and monitor progress andimprovements
• Ensure that the relevant management information is captured on SAP so as toprioritize risks
• Ensure that risk controls are in place and control shortcomingPeople ManagementPerformance Management
• Analyse the business plan to determine the applicable deliverables and targets
Conduct performance planning session and Track and monitor performance inaccordance with performance contracts
• Conduct performance reviews in accordance with policies and procedures andtake corrective actions where necessary
• Provide coaching and feedback to employees on how to improve and sustaintheir performanceCapacity Planning
• Determine the human resource requirements, in accordance with the expecteddeliverables and current capacity
• Secure the human capital requirements to ensure that deliverables will be met inaccordance with the expected targets
• Set and achieve employment equity targets.
• Minimise staff turnover
• Advanced Microsoft Office
• Advanced knowledge of risk management principles
• Knowledge / Experience of compliance systems / tools
• Compliance Management Principles
• Knowledge of Compliance related legislation
• Knowledge of Business and Law PrinciplesAdditional Requirements
• Travel as and when required
• Extended hours as and when required
• Analytical Credit Skills
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to handle stress successfully
• Interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
• Quality Credit Assessment and Credit Risk Management
Desired Work Experience
• 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level
Centurion South Africa
Jobs in Centurion South Africa
CREDIT MANAGER: COMMERCIAL AND DEVELOPMENT BANKING (FTC) Centurion jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.