JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. Johannesburg South Africa
2 weeks ago
The firm's Commercial Banking ("CB") division represents a strategically important business to the firm, delivering extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to global clients across 60 markets including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities which generate annual revenue ranging from $20 million to $2 billion.
The South Africa CB team is responsible for the overall relationship management and banking and transaction services requirements of South African subsidiaries of our US, Asia Pacific ("APAC"), U.K. and European existing global CB clients. Leveraging the firm's capabilities to meet our client's domestic and international financial needs, the team provides dedicated client service, local market expertise and industry knowledge.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to develop into an I.C.E. over time to independently cover part of the portfolio.
The Associate in South Africa will... provide support to the I.C.E. in South Africa, assisting them to manage and develop a diverse and growing portfolio of clients through (1) existing clients (on-going relationship management, servicing banking needs, resolving client challenges); (2) new clients (conducting business intelligence, preparing marketing materials and leading discussions, securing internal approvals and managing execution and on-boarding) and (3) portfolio management (ramping of new business mandates, deal pipeline management, business aspects of reporting).
The Associate will work closely with colleagues in the US, APAC and EMEA regions across origination teams (International Product Specialists ("IPSs"), I.C.E.'s and HQ parent bankers) as well as Product Specialists and other Client Service, Operations, Legal and Implementation partners from across the firm to develop customized financial solutions and support the banking needs and requirements of CB clients.
Core functional responsibilities and expectations include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with local, regional and global client coverage colleagues as well various teams across the bank, including treasury services/payments and trade (Payments), client service, operations, implementations, KYC, legal, credit and others to identify opportunities and optimize product and service delivery to clients. Provide backup to the portfolio when the I.C.E. is travelling/away and serve as key contact for portfolio matters
• Establish and maintain local contacts with Commercial Banking clients; prepare accurate and timely client briefing memos (may include a review of the financial statements, listening to and summarising investor presentations) and proposals/presentations/pitch books for client meetings
• Work with Client Service teams to proactively manage client issues/queries; own the timely resolution of such queries
• Arrange internal approval documents/material related to deal execution, cross border booking office approvals, credit requests, pricing, etc.; have a thorough understanding of Know Your Customer responsibilities, importance and requirements, and the ability to apply these principles to the portfolio; prepare and submit data for internal compliance and regulatory / audit requirements where necessary
• Lead the implementation of new accounts from a Sales perspective including creating the initial system request, attending client follow up meetings and implementing/executing on credit deals
• Manage the sales pipeline and deal tracking; maintain internal reports and memos (including account plans, relationship reviews, revenue tracking files, etc.) and be responsible for analysis and ad hoc reporting; support I.C.E. to capture and track the client calling efforts/ramping of new business mandates
• Conduct research analysis on prospective client lists; support in sizing up the market opportunity/wallet for new clients. Keep abreast of new products, relevant technology and market trends - internally and externally
Required Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree with outstanding academic credentials. Business/Finance/Accounting &/or Economics degree an advantage
• Minimum 4 years of professional work experience with relevant experience in Treasury Services sales, Corporate Relationship Management and/or Credit
• Fluent in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills
• Excellent MS Office skills, specifically Excel (quantitative skills) and PowerPoint. Must have attention to detail
• Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving, time management and analytical skills
• Self-starter with strong work ethic, clear results orientation and capacity to operate independently as well as within a team, appropriately balancing short-, medium- and long-term objectives and tasks. Must take accountability for tasks assigned and undertaken
• Flexibility to co-ordinate and manage multiple transactions and processes contemporaneously across different time zones and geographies ensuring delivery against deadlines, client expectations and business priorities
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
• Broad banking product knowledge and experience a key advantage - cash management, payment FX, overdrafts, loans and traditional trade products etc.
• An understanding of the South African financial services markets, corporate banking products, debt products, cash management, trade finance and South African foreign exchange controls is a key advantage
• Familiarity with JP Morgan processes and products an advantage
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs
Johannesburg South Africa
Jobs in Johannesburg South Africa
Commercial Bank - Associate - Johannesburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.