London Borough of Hillingdon
London Borough of Hillingdon London United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Civic Centre, High Street Uxbridge, Middlesex, London, UB8 1UW
36 hours per week
26 June 2023
£37,725.00 - £46,857.00 per year
Hillingdon is London's second largest borough, with fantastic transport links with the A40, M25, the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines all local to us, so you can travel to work with ease and boasting over 20 square miles of scenic countryside, consisting of canals, rivers, parks and woodland. We’re also home to some of the world’s most renowned brands such as Coca-Cola and United Biscuits.
With an ambitious strategy we pride ourselves on delivering services that improve the lives of all our residents, businesses and partners. Embarking on our journey of continuous improvement, we’ve set an agenda to ensure the provision of; safer communities, a thriving local economy, a greener more... sustainable environment, whilst increasing our digital capabilities throughout the Borough.
Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do! We want to attract talented individuals like yourself who share our aspirations for the borough, and can support us to deliver exceptional services for Hillingdon.
About the role
£37,725 - £46,857 per annum, plus a retention payment of £4,000 per annum for Social Workers in our RAS and MASH Teams.
We are looking for Social Workers who have children’s rights inscribed in their hearts and children’s aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better and better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
Within our First Response and Out of Hours service, our Multi-Agency Assessment Hub (MASH), Referral and Assessment Teams (RAS) and Emergency Duty Team (EDT) aim to provide timely assessments and signpost children to the right service at the right time.
What Ofsted said about the service:
• “Decisions are timely, with good evidence of management oversight.
• Partners in the MASH know of, and share accountability for, the progress of requests for information.
• Children are seen quickly and alone, and their views are listened to.”
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Social Workers who have children’s rights inscribed in their hearts and children’s aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled Social Workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better outcomes for our children every day.
Successful candidates will:
• Hold a social work qualification
• Have at least 12 months' postgraduate experience
• Be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification
• Be registered with Social Work England
• Have previous experience working in a front line service, within a Referral and Assessment or MASH team
What we offer
How will we help you develop as a social worker?
• As part of the West London Alliance and West London Teaching Partnership, Hillingdon has a PCF/KSS led training programme to provide all social workers with focused development opportunities.
• You will be surrounded by emotionally intelligent, dedicated social workers and leaders who model a “Children First” ethos. Every conversation you have will enhance your learning.
• You will have regular, reflective supervision and group supervision.
• You will be trained to use risk assessment tools and apply strength-based models of restorative practice to achieve best outcomes for children.
• You will be provided with equipment to assist mobile and flexible working.
• You will receive regular feedback from children and young people about your practice and how it impacts on their lives.
• You will have access to a clear career pathway with opportunity to grow in accordance to your talent and need.
We also offer a range of Company benefits, which include:
• Local government average salary pension scheme
• Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
• A 36-hour week for all full-time staff
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Career breaks
• Flexible working hours
• Season ticket loan
• Access to a Credit Union
• Access to a wide range of training and courses
• Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
• Payment of professional fees where these are required
• Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
• Cycle purchase scheme
• Car sharing scheme
• 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Due to an unexpected high volume of applications, we may close the advert earlier than the date advertised. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as soon as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances
Social Worker/Senior Social Worker - RAS/MASH London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.