Purple Elephant in the Room
Purple Elephant in the Room Taunton United Kingdom
1 week ago
Purple Elephant in the Room started in 2013 providing independent stand-alone assessments for local authorities, the Courts, solicitors and private clients across the UK and internationally. We have gained a good reputation for evidenced based assessments and we have been providing assessments to some of our clients for over 10 years.
We are now a multi-disciplinary team which has it's own therapeutic centre. We provide a variety of social work services and interventions. We started providing support and intervention services because too often the right services were unavailable and families were falling through the gaps of standard intervention services.
Our aim where possible is to keep families together. We do this by providing an alternative to the industry norms, with intervention and assessment that is tailored to each family’s needs. This ensures all parents have the best possible chance of success. We do things differently because every family is different.
We... provide a 24/7 family support service.
If you would like to help families where possible stay together, this could the job for you.
Salary: £42,000 - £48,000
Hours: 37.5 hours
Location: This role will be predominately based in and around Taunton.
You will be a valued member of the management team. The primary role is to safeguard and support children and parents/carers when they might be experiencing difficulties for a variety of reasons.
In this role you will;
• Be responsible for providing information, advice and guidance to our team of family support workers.
• Liaise with external agencies and attend external meetings.
• Carry out a variety of family assessments.
• Develop support plans to help families achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Work directly with families to help them make positive change.
• Liaise with the other areas of the company to ensure standards are upheld and families are fully supported.
• Ensure our family support workers have all of the necessary information, support and training to carry out their jobs.
• Provide safeguarding advice and support to family support workers.
• Be a part of the management on-call schedule.
• Help develop the family support worker service to ensure families continue to be supported.
• Ensure staff are safe when working with families and continue to use best practice.
• Ensure staff’s development/training plans are up to date.
• Carry out staff supervisions.
• Attend weekly management meetings.
• Help develop company procedures and policies.
We provide out of hours telephone support to our staff as we are a 24/7 family support service. This role requires you to be a part of the 24/7 on-call support rota.
Interviews will be held in Taunton on Friday 26th May and Wednesday 31st May.
• Social Work qualification
• 3 years management experience in a health and social care setting
• 5 years experience of working with children and families
• The ability to write robust reports and meet clear deadlines
• The desire to help families make positive change
• An ability to work independently
• A strong knowledge of safeguarding issues and childcare law
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
• Good problem-solving skills
• Excellent organisational skills along with the ability to multi-task
• Flexibility to cover shifts at late notice
• The ability to work as a part of a team and on your own.
Required licences or certifications:
• Social Work qualification
• Management qualification (desirable)
• This role is subject to references & DBS enhanced disclosure
• This role requires the candidate to have the right to work in the UK
• Full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
What you get in return:
• A competitive salary
• Flexible working
• A supportive team
• Administrative support
• Quality assurance of your reports
• Opportunities for future advancement
• Regular supervision
• Enhanced DBS check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £42,000.00-£48,000.00 per year
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Taunton, Somerset: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Are you able to be a part of our 24/7 on-call team including an evening and weekend working rota
• Health & Social Care Management: 3 years (required)
• working with children and families: 3 years (required)
• Driving Licence and access to a car (required)
Work Location: In person
Jobs in Taunton United Kingdom
Social Work Manager Taunton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.