System One Fort Worth TX United States
1 week ago
Product Development Design Engineer
Fort Worth. TX...
System One is currently seeking a Product Development Design Engineer on a 6 month contract to hire position located in Fort Worth, TX.
Design Engineer Responsibilities:
• The Product Development Design Engineer is based in Fort Worth, Texas.
• This position reports to the Product Development Manager and will work assigned projects with other members of the product development department.
• The Product Development Design Engineer will conceptualize, engineer, test and support new products with a broad scope of responsibility to find problems and propose solutions.
• Product understanding, high level engineering design, project management and interpersonal skills are required to produce products that meet Hydra Rig standards.
• Detect customer problems and propose solutions based on interactions within company and with customers.
• Propose new product specifications to compliment existing product lines for assigned projects and engineer to the same.
• Propose schedules and budgets on projects and comply with the same.
• Ensure that all work performed is engineered in accordance with Hydra Rigs standard engineering practices.
• Perform engineering design assignments under general direction with discretion to work detail for mechanical systems and devices including:
• Machine components and mechanisms
• Hydraulic systems and controls
• Electrical systems and controls
• Fixtures and tooling
• Packaging of third party supplied components
• Create and organize drawing packages for new products, and product line extensions, including accessories and alternate configurations.
• Engineer to third party certification standards and prepare design calculations and packages as required.
• Work with Purchasing personnel to establish vendors for components and processes outside of current supply chain.
• Be prepared to act as liaison between other departments when necessary to ensure the success of the project.
• Work with Manufacturing personnel, third party vendors and Quality Assurance to ensure components meet designs/drawings.
• Verify that new products have been tested properly and meets or exceeds the expectations of the product specifications, design goals and Hydra Rig product standards.
• Document and communicate product specific product design methodology and general Hydra Rig design practices.
• Develop all information necessary for the operation manuals of equipment designs performed.
• Provide elevated engineering support for legacy designs, previous projects and warranty support.
• Collaborate with Field Service and Repair to solve customer issues and provide technical and troubleshooting advice.
• Develop and propose intellectual property including trade secrets and patents.
• Refer all problems beyond scope of responsibilities to direct supervisor.
• Follow the engineering department standards, rules and procedures.
• Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, procedures and programs, including but not limited to the process map, support processes, safety and environmental requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Design Engineer Requirements:
• BACHELOR'S DEGREE - an ABET accredited Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Machine design
• Stress analysis including FEA
• Troubleshooting machines
• Manufacturing understanding (Machining tolerances, welding, forming, etc.)
• Communicating in a business environment
• 2 plus years experience in the design of mechanical systems.
• 3D Structural design and analysis experience is required.
• Working knowledge of hydraulic design is preferred.
• Strong communication skills are required.
• Proficiency in the use of Solid Works is desirable but not mandatory.
• Some knowledge of standard manufacturing processes and practices.
• Previous product development, Oil and Gas and/or mobile equipment experience preferred.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Pay Rate: $34.28-37.71/hr
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Fort Worth TX USA
Jobs in Fort Worth TX United States
Product Development Design Engineer Fort Worth jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.