AECOM United Kingdom United Kingdom
1 week ago
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
Working in our Swindon office you will be involved in projects both locally in Wales and Western region as well as supporting projects run from our other offices throughout the UK and overseas. Our national and global network of offices will allow you to work for a range of clients including Network Rail, local authorities, contractors and private clients.
Our... current workload includes the South Rail Systems Alliance which is a multidisciplinary framework and requires the team to design line side structures, assess and strengthen bridges and modify existing stations; we are also currently working at Old Oak Common on the enabling works for HS2 as well as smaller projects such as canopy and footbridge repairs.
The ideal candidate will be able to take on design responsibility from day one while supported by a strong team of CEMs and CREs and will be expected to mentor junior staff to reach their full potential. Ideally you will have previous CRE experience or the ability to take on the CRE role in future.
Essentially a technical role the successful candidate would also be expected to provide guidance and mentorship to junior subordinate staff.
• Preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the AECOM quality management system;
• Provide assistance to senior management in the preparation of technical and financial proposals.
• Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
• Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
• Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
• Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
• Identifies discrepancies in results.
• Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with minimal supervision.
• Design experience in rail structural and civil engineering projects
• Suitable experience of design software.
• Masters or Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Senior Rail Civil Engineer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.