Penguin Recruitment Reading United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Civil Engineer/Flood Risk and Drainage Engineer
We are looking for an engineer with an interest in flood risk management, sustainable drainage design and the wider engineering field to join our Clients' team in Reading on a full time basis.
They provide feasibility and design advice to a range of clients involved in development and land use planning.
You will undertake site viability assessments and walkover surveys, flood risk assessments, sustainable surface and foul water drainage designs, and commissioning surveys as required.
You will provide satisfactory resolution to engineering issues identified during planning applications and support clients in gaining the necessary post planning consents.
You will liaise with developers/clients, consult with regulators and planning authorities and work with inter-disciplinary teams from within the company and their partnered organisations to deliver suitable designs.
You will have experience of implementing the National Planning... Policy Framework, Building Regulations, Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations, Water UK Sewerage Sector Guidance and/or Sewers for Adoption, the SuDS Manual, the Non-Statutory Standards for Sustainable Drainage and other development related guidance and standards in your work.
You will have a background of working with developers and local authorities to agree pragmatic solutions to flood risk and drainage constraints.
You will have a strong technical appreciation of hydrology, hydraulic modelling (fluvial and sewer), drainage and other aspects related to infrastructure delivery.
The post will be based in their Reading office with flexibility for home working, although travel to sites and meetings will be required.
Qualifications and experience
You will have an engineering or science related degree or equivalent, be chartered or working towards this status with the ICE or CIWEM.
They are looking for a well organised, motivated, enthusiastic and flexible individual who can work on their own or as part of a team. You should have an interest in water and the environment, be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
You will be responsible for preparing engineering solutions for flood risk and drainage from early conceptual design through to tender preparation and ongoing project management.
For the role awareness/experience in the following core skills would be beneficial:
• Infrastructure planning and delivery associated with site development including residential, renewable energy and commercial sectors.
• Understanding and appreciation of the importance of sustainable drainage systems and a strong and evidenced ability to design/implement sustainable drainage systems within the current regulatory context.
• Outline and detailed drainage (surface and foul) design for residential/renewable energy/ commercial developments at a range of scales using WinDES Micro Drainage/ Infoworks / Causeway or equivalent software packages
• Undertaking flood risk assessments
• Consultations with various authorities (e.g. Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Internal Drainage Boards and Drainage Undertakers) regarding flood risk and drainage design.
• ArcGIS and AutoCAD applications
• Input into CDM/Health and Safety/Environmental issues checklists
• Interpretation of geo-technical reports for drainage design
• Undertaking surface water/SuDS and foul water drainage appraisals
• Undertaking site walkovers/ assessments
• 3D earthworks modelling using PDS or similar
• Hydrological Assessment and Hydraulic Modelling using WINFAP-FEH and Flood Modeller software packages
• A valid UK driving licence is required.
This is a full-time, permanent position with salary negotiable dependent on experience. The company offer 30 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays with an additional day credited for every year of service up to five years. If you are an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive engineer that can deliver positive outcomes for a variety of development proposals then we are keen to hear from you.
They can offer flexible working practices arranged around core hours and home working.
Your input really will be vital to the progression and success of their work - they are a small, established and expanding company where their staff are genuinely valued.
What To Do Next
If you are interested in this Civil Engineer opportunity in Reading, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at (url removed) or call (phone number removed). We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position
Jobs in Reading United Kingdom
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.