Northside Hospital Inc.
Northside Hospital Inc. Canton GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today...
About the Practice:
At Medical Associates of North Georgia, we are proud of the quality of our medical service to the individuals and families of the communities throughout metro Atlanta and North Georgia. We are also proud of our long and respected history in Cherokee County. Our medical center was founded more than 30 years ago by William L. Early, M.D. and has grown to meet the needs of our patients throughout the years with the highest standard of medical care, including an outstanding staff of medical specialists and health care providers as well as major medical technological advancements.
Our modern, 40,000 square foot health care facility is complete with a Laboratory, Specialty Medical Center, Urgent Care Center, Diagnostic Radiology, Advanced Body Imaging Center, and the North Georgia Outpatient Endoscopy Center. We also have a fully staffed Physiatry & Spine Center. Through our continuing dedication to excellence in the medical field, we have set the standard for health care in North Georgia and beyond.
Handles laboratory data collection systems and equipment to ensure that requests for laboratory tests are properly ordered, cancelled, and charged to all inpatients, outpatients, and institutional accounts. Performs specimen collection procedures for inpatients and outpatients. Performs non-technical specimen processing, preparation and distribution of specimens from patients.
• Performs venipuncture, heelstick or fingerstick to obtain blood specimens as required or assigned.
• Regularly performs collection procedures for crossmatches, blood cultures, bleeding times, and coordinates glucose tolerance collections.
• Identifies and prepares patients and specimens by confirming demographic information for specimen collections, processing, preparation and distribution.
• Flags questionable specimens and assists the technical staff in evaluating and/or determining the suitability for examination and/or referral to reference laboratory.
• Processes specimens for referral to reference laboratories by ordering tests, receiving reports and transferring results into the EMR or LIS manually or electronically.
• Assists in the follow up or investigation of events or situations with specimens which may lead to adverse test outcomes.
• Acts as primary resource person for non-laboratory personnel for specimen collection, test ordering, information release and documentation storage.
• Performs routine QA, QC, and PM on laboratory equipment such as POC analyzers, centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers, phlebotomy trays and information system devices.
• Daily operates, monitors, and troubleshoots office equipment such as the Hospital Information System (HIS), the Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), Greenway EMR and the Telecommunication Systems and reports issues to supervisor.Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
• High school diploma or equivalent, PLUS;
• Six (6) months clinical training in an approved phlebotomy training program, OR,
• Two (2) years experience in specimen collections, specimen processing and specimen requisitioning for a clinical laboratory or health care delivery system OR,
• Hold at least a two (2) year degree in chemical, physical, or biological science or a health related specialty.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to understand and apply accurate procedures in specimen handling and clerical processing.
• Must have sufficient feeling in fingers and visual ability to locate patients' blood vessels.
• Ability to communicate effectively, and must possess good written and oral communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED
• Ability to use and understand medical laboratory terminology.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and design.
• Demonstrated public relations skills and service delivery training.
Work Hours:7A-7PEmployment Type: OTHER
Canton GA USA
Laboratory Tech Assistant Canton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.