Memorial Health Savannah GA Georgia
1 week ago
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Sleep Lab Tech RRT? At Memorial Health University Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
• Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
• Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
• Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
• 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
• Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
• Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
• Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
• Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
• Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
• Colleague recognition program
• Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
• Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn More About Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Sleep Lab Tech RRT like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary And Qualifications
Responsible for the proper and safe performance of a variety of functions in set-up, monitoring and analysis of optimal quality sleep disorders diagnostic testing. This will be done at a minimum to the pediatric, adult and geriatric population.
Sleep Study Preparation and Set-up
• Collect, analyze and integrate patient information in order to identify and meet the patient-specific needs (physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history).
• Determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
• Review the patient’s history and verify the medical order.
• Follow sleep center protocols related to the sleep study.
• When patient arrives, verify identification, collect documents and obtain consent for the study.
• Explain the procedure and orient the patient for either in center or home sleep apnea testing.
• Provide age appropriate patient education.
• Select appropriate equipment and calibrate for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments, if necessary.
• Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
• Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) interface fitting and desensitization.
Sleep Study Procedures
• Follow procedural protocols [such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP and oxygen titration, etc.] to ensure collection of appropriate data.
• Perform appropriate physiological calibrations to ensure proper signals and make required adjustments.
• Follow “lights out” procedures to establish and document baseline values (such as body position, oxyhemoglobin saturation, respiratory and heart rates, etc.).
• Perform data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct and document artifact.
• Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
• Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.).
• Follow “lights on” procedures to verify integrity of collected data and complete the data collection process (e.g. repeat the physiological and instrument calibrations and instruct the patient on completing questionnaires, checking for completeness, etc.).
• Score sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines.
• Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc.) utilizing American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) standards.
• Generate accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
• Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
• Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to perform portable monitoring equipment preparation and data download.
• Perform patient education and instruction appropriate for home sleep apnea testing.
• Demonstrate adherence to cleaning and disinfection procedures.
• Monitor patient safety and adhere to patient safety protocols.
• Demonstrate adherence to AASM scoring parameters; identify artifact, inadequate signals and equipment failures and generate an accurate report.
Service Management And Essential Skills
• Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
• Perform routine equipment care and maintenance and inventory evaluation. Inspect and maintain sleep study related equipment and inventory
• Demonstrate computer skills appropriate for the position.
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate appropriate social skills. Demonstrate customer service skills.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to work with minimal supervision to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
• Demonstrate teamwork skills. Demonstrate ability to follow direction.
• Follow HIPAA and privacy policies.
• Respond to sleep patients’ procedural-related inquiries by providing appropriate education utilizing sleep center specific protocols.
• Adhere to sleep center policies and procedures.
• Participate in the quality assurance program.
• Review and evaluate sleep studies and provide appropriate feedback to staff.
• Comply with professional standards of conduct
• Assist the medical director, clinical director and/or manager in all aspects of sleep center operations.
What Qualifications You Will Need
• Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
• State Registered Respiratory Therapist
• Registered Polysomnography Technician (RPSGT)
• Associate Degree
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Sleep Lab Tech RRT opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Savannah GA USA
Sleep Lab Tech RRT Savannah jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.