Peopleconnexion National Capital District Papua New Guinea
1 week ago
If you're ready to embark on a fulfilling career with a purpose-driven organization, look no further than Papua New Guinea Tourism Promotion Authority (PNG TPA)!
About PNG TPA
PNG TPA’s main objective is to foster the development of tourism in PNG, while maximising the benefits to the economy and minimising the disruption to society, culture and the environment.
About the opportunity
As PNG TPA gears up for the economic activity on the horizon of PNG, they are looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join their team and help transform the workforce into a strategically aligned force. As a member of the PNG TPA team, you will not only contribute to the growth of the tourism industry in PNG, but you will also have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of local communities.
The position is responsible for overseeing the Policy and Planning Division, including reviewing, analyzing and compiling Tourism Policies and Procedures; recommend... changes to improve operational effectiveness, clarity, and consistency; and adherence to the core function of PNG TPA. The Director will also set the Policy & Planning group’s strategies and directions and allocate priorities and resources within the Division. As a member of the Executive Leadership team they will contribute to organizational decision-making, planning, and continual improvement, being fully accountable for the quality, integrity, and validity of information and advice provided.
Strategic Planning and Management
• Contribute to corporate planning processes by working with the Chief Executive Officer to formulate Policy & Planning strategies, plans, and monitoring systems
• Plan, develop, and implement strategies for Policy & Planning Division within agreed budgets and timelines, including 5-year strategic plan
• Participate in corporate planning meetings and disseminate corporate information as executive team member
• Provide strategic advice, guidance, assistance, and support to inform and execute business strategies.
Human Resource Management and leadership
• Coach, mentor, train, and encourage staff professional development and continuous learning
• Address staff grievances and provide solutions in collaboration with the HR team
• Address team and individual performance issues, including serious unsatisfactory performance, in a timely and effective way
• Communicate and encourage compliance with HR policies and procedures
• Provide guidance and support in policy matters related to HR and training.
• Prepare and present for the approval of the CEO an annual budget strategic plans and all other documents as may be required from time to time by the CEO
• Prepare and present annual budget, strategic plans and other required documents to CEO for approval
• Ensure division's expenses stay within budget
• Develop and implement cost-effective methods to improve or reduce operational spending
• Create and monitor monthly forecasts processes and procedures
• Provide financial advice and guidance to the division as needed
Policy & Planning
• Lead the development, review, and implementation of tourism policies, procedures, and systems;
• Ensure that policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and updated as necessary in line with changing business needs;
• Assist management and staff with interpreting and applying all tourism policies and procedures;
• Lead and oversee the Policy & Planning Division to ensure alignment with business needs and organizational objectives, including strategic direction, planning, decision-making, and overall performance.
• Provide policy advice to management, prepare submissions, ministerial statements, and speeches, and ensure timely NEC/CACC submissions for ministerial statement presentation.
• Represent PNG Tourism Promotion Authority at regional and international meetings, identifying regional/national projects and programs for participation and benefit.
• Maintain regular interactions with government line agencies, tourism officers, and industry associations for successful tourism project operation.
• Review and compile the divisional annual budget and oversee divisional staff supervision, performance management, and reporting.
• Develop a business partnering approach across Corporate Affairs and the Customer Service Cluster to meet business needs and build relationships with key external stakeholders.
• Lead and manage a team of policy and planning officers, ensuring high-quality outcomes and staff capabilities.
• Direct the delivery of high-quality strategic decision-making and analysis to inform key strategic and operational decisions and meet external reporting requirements.
• Contribute to organizational decision-making, planning, and continual improvement as an Executive Leadership team member.
• Bachelor's degree in Tourism, Public Policy, Business Management, Economics, or related fields required
• 5-10 years of experience in a similar capacity in public or private sector required
• Master's degree desirable
• Experience in Policy Development and Planning practices and procedures
• Senior executive-level experience in Policy Development for a diverse, complex organization
• Strong working background in Public Services Financial Manual, Public Services Management Act
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the tourism industry in PNG.
If this sounds like you, and you are someone who is a team player, looking to accelerate your career, apply today! Applications close 26th May 2023.
This position is open to PNG nationals only.
How to apply:
• Upload your resume
• Upload your covering letter stating your motivation for applying for your chosen discipline
• Upload relevant qualifications and 2x reference letters
• Complete the application form in full and double check your application
• Click 'Apply Now' to submit
All applications will be assessed equally according to the selection criteria.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email confirming your application submission from the team at Peopleconnexion PNG. The team will review applications and inform you on the next stage of the process. Please note Peopleconnexion is managing the PNG TPA applications, please do not contact PNG TPA directly at this stage.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application!
Peopleconnexion PNG: Recruitment, Training, Payroll & HR Services
Your legacy is our business
National Capital District Papua New Guinea
Jobs in National Capital District Papua New Guinea
Director Policy and Planning National Capital District jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.