City of Quesnel
City of Quesnel British Columbia Canada
3 weeks ago
Internal/External – CUPE Local 1050
Position: Facilities Maintenance Worker I
Posting Date: May 8, 2023 Application Deadline: Open until filled
Competition number: 23-32
Wage: $26.13 plus $1.20 in lieu of
How to apply:
Please send your INTERNAL APPLICATION to:
Human Resources Advisor
City of Quesnel,
410 Kinchant Street,
Quesnel, BC V2J 7J5
Email: [email protected] (Word or pdf document only please)
The City of Quesnel is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Facilities Maintenance Department invites your application for a Casual Facilities
Maintenance Worker I - Custodian. The successful candidate is required to be available for
day, evenings and/or weekend shifts to work in various City buildings and must pass and
maintain an RCMP enhanced reliability clearance.
Perform semi-skilled and unskilled... janitorial and custodial tasks of a routine nature assigned
at the facilities operated or managed by the City of Quesnel. This includes janitorial duties,
some record keeping, makes notes of any maintenance type problems and other related
duties as assigned. This position works under the supervision of the Facilities Manager or
designate. The successful candidate must be able to work alone without supervision and
primarily evening shift work.
• Dusts furniture and fixtures, washes and clean doors and windows, dust mops, collects
• Strips, washes, and waxes floors
• Clears snow from walkways and exits, washes walkways with water hose.
• Cleans washrooms including sink, toilets, floors and replenishing of supplies.
• Notifies Manager, Facilities Foreman, or Facility Maintenance Worker III of needed
repairs to equipment, furniture, fixtures, and general building maintenance.
• Maintains the security of the building by ensuring that all doors and windows are
locked after public use.
• Reports immediately, to the supervisor, all accidents or injuries and incidents and
completes the required reports.
• Has a sound knowledge and understanding of all facilities emergency procedures and
activates emergency procedures as required.
• Detects and reports any hazardous conditions, practices, and behaviors in the
• Practices and maintains skills and knowledge necessary in proper and safe techniques
of facility operation and maintenance.
• Complies with the City's safety program to ensure that WCB and other legislative
requirements are met.
• Provides professional & courteous customer service, maintains the necessary
discipline required to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all participants
ensuring all regulations are followed.
• Complies with approved departmental policies and procedures.
• Ensures the security and care of tools, vehicles and other City owned property and
equipment as well all tools and equipment are maintained in an acceptable state of
repair and are safe for use.
• Assists other persons in performing related duties where work requires more than one
• Participates in training opportunities to continue to develop a thorough theoretical and
practical knowledge of custodial procedures, building/equipment repairs and
maintenance, and recreation facility mechanical plant operations.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications, Licenses, Certificates and Registrations
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Minimum one (1) year experience in custodial field (Building Service Worker courses
would be considered an asset)
• Refrigeration Safety Awareness Certification
• WHMIS certificate
• Occupational First Aid Level I
• Valid BC Driver's License, Class 5 with a safe driving record
• May require own transportation and if so required, is responsible to carry appropriate
business insurance, as per City policy.
• Minimum one (1) years’ experience custodial fields (preferred)
• Must pass and maintain RCMP enhanced reliability clearance.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Physically capable – Physical strength and agility to do the required duties as job
involves mostly physical work (examples: shoveling, lifting and carrying of heavy and
medium weight material and cleaning)
• Ability to present a neat appearance and to deal tactfully and effectively with fellow
staff and the public.
• Ability to understand English both written and oral.
• Ability to work independently, to complete daily activities according to work schedules
and to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement in the interpretation and application of related
regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge and experience with custodial procedures, work
• Works flexible and varied hours, as may be necessary, to meet the requirements of the
• Frequent exposure to garbage, foul odors, blood and bodily fluids, noise from patrons
• Must use caution while working with and around dangerous equipment
Jobs in British Columbia Canada
Facilities Maintenance I British Columbia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.