BGIS Happy Valley-Goose Bay Canada
1 week ago
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
A high-visibility role in construction for a confident manager of people, resources and client expectations
Known for your accomplishments as a project manager related to the construction industry, and your ability to engage with senior executives and build credibility with clients, especially when dealing with mission-critical projects, you bring a breadth of skills, experience and emotional intelligence that inspires excellence and drives quality results. You... are an exceptional communicator, able to manage relationships and performance, someone clients know they can count on to put in place the people, resources and processes required not only to deliver on project specifications but to meet their highest expectations.
Reporting to a Director, you will be responsible for planning, developing, delivering, and reporting on assigned projects within scope, schedule and budget, and in line with corporate and client procedural boundaries. Typically, projects, renovation projects, installations and/or new construction projects undertaken by you, such as new facilities and building additions, will be of high complexity and dollar value. As a Senior Project Manager, you may also be expected to work evenings and weekends, on occasion, and coordinate other project delivery team members in the delivery of programs, projects or large initiatives.
The diversity of projects carried out by the Design and Project Delivery Services group in a wide range of industries – retail, commercial, institutional and industrial – makes this position an exciting opportunity to be involved in different construction models, manage a variety of stakeholder interests, and continue to grow and deepen your knowledge base. You will be part of a Project Management team delivering services that span across all project phases, from workplace planning to pre-construction and design development, to management of construction. With 4,500+ projects managed per year, 160+ team members and $450M+ delivered annually, our group delivers projects across Canada, from small infrastructure upgrades to tenant fit-ups through to major consolidations and new builds, to energy retrofits and critical environments.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
For the assigned projects:
• Plans and oversees the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects. At this level, projects managed are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk and exposure.
• In collaboration with project stakeholders, defines project scope, deliverables and requirements.
• Develops and implements project plans.
• Determines resource and budget requirements, cost estimates, and timelines.
• Identifies project risks and develops and implements mitigation and contingency plans.
• Monitors project delivery against timelines and ensures timely completion.
• Oversees the activities of project team members and monitors project task completion.
• Communicates project status to relevant stakeholders.
• Ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements.
Client Relationship Management
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients.
• Responsible for resolving issues, managing client expectations, and ensuring client satisfaction.
• May be accountable for providing immediate supervision to project administration and coordination roles
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• College or University degree preferably in architectural technology, construction technology, engineering technology or equivalent work experience
• More than 5 years of project management work experience
• Advanced ability to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, within specifications, and in-compliant with all requirements including but not limited to regulatory, environmental, health, and safety requirements.
• Advanced ability to develop and manage project budget
• Advanced ability to mitigate and manage project risks
• Highly advanced ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve desired outcomes
• Highly advanced communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly advanced ability to develop and maintain relationships with project stakeholders
• Highly advanced ability to manage client relationships and expectations
• A high degree of client service orientation
• Advanced ability to manage vendor relationships and performance
• Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset along with a desire to continuously seek and incorporate best practices and technologies in order to optimize project delivery and deliver value to the client
• Computer proficiency in MS Office applications in particular – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Outlook, along with ability to quickly learn new applications
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
One or more of the following would be considered an asset:
• Project Management Institute Accreditation.
• LEED certification
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!
Happy Valley-Goose Bay NL
Jobs in Happy Valley-Goose Bay Canada
Senior Project Manager Happy Valley-Goose Bay jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.