BMJ Careers Southport United Kingdom
1 week ago
Applications are invited for a full-time (10 PAs plus 10% R+R plus 1 additional programmed activity ) Inpatient Adult Consultant Psychiatrist
This posts has arisen in adult inpatients through retirement and service redesign, opening up an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with strong values and capable leadership, committed to all aspects of quality improvement. You will be based at the new purpose built Hartley Hospital which is a state of the art inpatient and community facility.
Main duties of the job
Mersey Care NHS FT is an innovative well led Trust, with an aspiration of Perfect Care for all of its service users, delivered through a supportive Just Culture environment for staff. For Consultant Psychiatrists it offers excellent opportunities for professional development, research and medical management roles. As a Global Digital Exemplar Mersey Care is developing digital applications to support the implementation of its 'Zero Suicide Policy' and the use of... predictive analytics in mental health which will assist clinicians with their decision making and risk prioritisation.
At Mersey Care we are passionate about mental health and wellbeing, and delivering the best possible care for the people we serve. Quality, recovery and wellbeing are at the heart of everything that we do.
For Further Details / Informal Visits Contact
Dr Hannah Ruth
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist inpatient and community mental health, learning disabilities, addiction and acquired brain injury services for the people of Liverpool, Sefton and Kirkby, Merseyside. We also provide community physical health services in Liverpool, Sefton, secure mental health services for the North West of England, the West Midlands and Wales and specialist learning disability services across Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside.
Our ambition is to deliver perfect care to become the world's leading organisation in holistic health and well being.
Mersey Care's vision and values of Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Support (CARES) drive our organisation and the way we work together to deliver services. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate, during recruitment and any subsequent employment with the Trust, that their behaviour supports our values.
While primarily responsible for delivering a quality clinical service, the Consultant Psychiatrist is also expected to be actively involved in taking a strategic lead in on-going developments on the ward and support the Trusts strategic aims of delivering Perfect Care.
Consultant psychiatrist responsibility for inpatients at Park Unit and Rowbotham
Carry out comprehensive psychiatric Assessment and provide treatment for inpatients on the ward.
Support ward based staff to manage psychiatric emergencies
Conduct patient reviews and lead Multidisciplinary ward reviews, CPA reviews and multi-professional meetings
Be the responsible clinician for the purposes of the Mental Health Act1983(amended 2007) and carry out duties in accordance to the code of practice.
Renew and maintain Responsible Clinician status according to agreed procedures.
Carry out comprehensive Risk Assessments and participate in Trusts riskmanagement processes such as Health Risk Assessment and Management Meetings (H-RAMM) and Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangement (MAPPA) Meetings
Provide medical leadership to the inpatient ward team.Liaison
Maintain a high level of effective communication and work flexibly and cooperatively with other parts of the service including; other wards and inpatient units, community mental health teams, services and primary care.
Liaison with families / carers
Liaison with aspects of the Criminal Justice System regarding patients and providing expert reports
GovernanceSPA time will allow contribution to the management and audit of the service
Attend the twice monthly consultant /management meetings
Regular stakeholder meetings
Partnership Forums involving service user representatives and advocacy
Involvement with critical incident / serious untoward incident reporting and response
Direct supervision of junior medical staff
Role in in-house MDT training / education sessions
Education of other services / professions with relation to CMHT (including all stakeholders)
Participation in Clinical Audit essential, and clinical research where appropriate
• MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
• Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
• MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
• Additional clinical qualifications.
• Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
• Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
• Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
• Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
• In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
• Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
• Non Drivers due to disability will be supported via access to work scheme
• Excellent knowledge in specialty
• Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
• Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
• Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
• Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
• Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
• Participated in continuous professional development
• Participated in research or service evaluation.
• Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
• Has actively participated in clinical audit.
• Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
• Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
• Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
• Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
• Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
Jobs in Southport United Kingdom
Consultant Psychiatrist Adult Inpatients Southport jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.