Cox Automotive Conley GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Applies the principles of secure software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of software and cloud infrastructure. Works cross functionally to understand business requirements, architecture and technology direction, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are designed accordingly. Incorporates state-of-the-art concepts and practices... to facilitate system functionality, scalability, resilience and security as well as ease-of-use (developer / user experience). Applies agile principles to software development with a focus on delivery of business value, collaboration, continuous improvement and sustainability.
• Ensure consistent quality crossed teams within Release Train
• Support Architect in detailed design
• Participate in discovery & requirements gathering, and meetings with Products & Business partners
• Liaison between Products, Architect and offshore development team
• Partner with offshore TSL to mentor, coach, monitor development team members through pair programming, code review, enforce best practices
• Ensure consistent quality crossed teams within Release Train
• Display high level of critical thinking in bringing success to the organization
• Partner with offshore TSL and Dev leads to lead team of engineers in design/implement key technical projects
• Able to articulate key issues and draft action plan and communicate with management
• Collaborate with offshore TSL & Dev Leads to direct and guide development teams to execute on platform and applications roadmap deliverables
• Collaborate with offshore TSL & Dev Leads to develop and deliver enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
• Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
• Develop high performance, scalable and secure solutions
• Partner with offshore TSL & Dev Leads to enhance and maintain tools to support enhanced catalogs
• Support on planning and delivering core technology upgrades
• Able to diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems as need
Fundamental Business and Functional Skills
Lead Software Engineer is expected to be Proficient when performing the functional and fundamental business skills listed below:
Analytical Thinking - Possesses the knowledge and ability to apply effective analytical techniques and tools. Analyzes organizational issues, determines the root cause and creates alternative solutions that are in the best interest of the business. Approaches situations by defining the issue, determining its significance and identifying the forces, events and people impacting and impacted by the situation at hand. Uses logic and intuition to make inferences about the meaning of data and arrive at conclusions, applying flow charts, diagrams and other tools as necessary. Able to systematically compare and assess varied alternative solutions.
Requirements Analysis - Knowledge and ability to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project. Engages with the customers, users and other stakeholders to extract and gather requirements. Utilizes organizational methods, tools and techniques for requirements analysis. Confirms deliverables, challenges, conflicts and expectations associated with requirements analysis. Determines additional functional and informational requirements, prepares models and documentation.
Software Installation and Support - Knowledge and ability to plan and execute software platform changes with minimal disruption to clients / ongoing activity. Analyzes, assesses and communicates software implementation options according to various IT environments. Designs and executes plans for software installations. Uses and monitors software distribution channels, techniques and auto-recovery tools. Details features, functions and expected benefits of planned changes and upgrades. Communicates rationale behind and advantages of planned changes.
System and Technology Integration - Knowledge of technology system features and facilities and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases and platforms. Works with existing interfaces as well as integration and migration plans within own area and across aligned / associated areas. Explores major issues and considerations for successful system integration. Plays an active role in current and planned integration efforts. Works with applications, data, technology bridges and a variety of platforms.
Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques and the ability to anticipate, recognize and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems. Handles calls and inquiries related to product features, applications and compatibility standards. Analyzes code, logs and current systems as part of routine and/or advanced troubleshooting. Works with vendor-specific / application-specific diagnostic guides, tools and utilities. Discovers, analyzes and resolves identified issues and problems. Records and reports technical problems, detailing solution steps, processes and outcomes.
Builds Partnerships - Proactively builds, nurtures and maintains business-focused, long-term working relationships with partners inside and outside of the organization. Demonstrates flexibility when forming and adjusting partnerships to achieve broader goals. Shows willingness to work across boundaries to achieve outcomes addressing business, customer and partner goals and expectations.
Challenges Personal Limitations - Sets challenging developmental goals to close own skill gaps. Willing to make mistakes in order to learn. Takes on new assignments that provide a stretch outside own comfort zone.
Drives Innovation - Explores alternative ways to view and solve problems to achieve results. Tries unique ways of doing things and tests promising ideas. Takes risks in the interest of finding a better way.
Focuses on Execution - Establishes challenging goals that are designed to deliver exceptional business results. Tracks and broadcasts progress and accomplishments. Works tenaciously to overcome obstacles and meet or exceed goals.
Strives for Excellence - Establishes criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity and service. Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected. Accepts responsibility for outcomes (positive or negative) and admits mistakes, refocusing efforts when appropriate.
Tools & Tech Stack
• Selenium / Selenium Grid
• New Relic
• SQL / MySQL / Postgres
Conley GA USA
Lead Software Engineer (Technical Solutions Lead) Conley jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.