Whitehaven Coal Edgeroi NSW Australia
1 week ago
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Longwall Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance to the underground mining operations team in relation to the longwall mining equipment. This includes ensuring that the equipment is maintained and serviced to a high standard, identifying and troubleshooting any mechanical issues that may arise, and working closely with the underground maintenance team to ensure that all mechanical activities are carried out safely and efficiently.
What You'll Do:
• Provide technical guidance and support to the underground mining operations team in relation to the... longwall equipment.
• Monitor and maintain the longwall mining equipment, including identifying and troubleshooting any mechanical issues that may arise.
• Work closely with the underground maintenance team to ensure that all mechanical activities are carried out safely and efficiently.
• Conduct regular inspections and audits of the longwall mining equipment to identify any potential issues and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
• Develop and implement maintenance strategies for the longwall mining equipment to ensure maximum uptime and availability.
• Provide technical support to the longwall mining team during equipment installation and commissioning.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the mining operations team, including the longwall production team, electrical engineers, and geotechnical engineers, to ensure that all aspects of the operation are running smoothly.
• Maintain accurate records of all maintenance activities and provide regular reports on equipment performance to the mining operations management team
What You'll Bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in underground mining operations, with a focus on longwall mining equipment.
• Strong technical knowledge of longwall mining equipment and mechanical systems.
• Experience in developing and implementing maintenance strategies.
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Sound understanding of safety and environmental regulations in a mining context.
• Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and other relevant software.
• Current NSW underground coal mine qualifications and certifications.
Why Whitehaven Coal?
• Full time, permanent position.
• Excellent opportunity for career development.
• Attractive Salary.
• Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the workplace. We are striving for an inclusive workplace that brings people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants of diversity of gender, culture and experience.
Whitehaven Coal is working with the RSL Employment Program to support veterans and partners of current or former Defence members in finding meaningful and sustainable employment. If you would like assistance with your application, you can reachout to the program via the following link: https://www.rslqld.org/find-help/employment
Whitehaven Coal is an endorsed Circle Back Initiative Employer.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
Reward. Opportunity. Recognition.
Edgeroi NSW Australia
Engineer - Mechanical (Longwall) Edgeroi NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.