Newmont Corporation Perth WA Australia
2 weeks ago
Newmont’s Australian and African operations are located in Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Ghana with roles in operations, projects and exploration.
Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities.
As the world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the past five years and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index.
New Permanent Role
Are you looking for a role with varied projects? Is developing a new team appealing?
This role will see you supporting major studies in both Africa and Australia with a global exposure within the business.
You will be working on varied projects from brownfield and greenfield mining... developments through to renewable energy and large growth projects such as tailings and water.
About this role :
As the sole point of accountability for delivery of Engineering for Major Studies within the Australian and African regions from Stage 0 to completion of Stage 2B, you will be responsible for successfully progressing the Engineering through the Newmont Investment System supporting Study Directors in each region.
Applying your knowledge, skills and experience you will effectively plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the engineering work to be undertaken to support major studies in these regions.
These studies will comprise multidiscipline teams evaluating all aspects including geology, geotechnical, hydrogeology, mine planning, metallurgy, process, infrastructure, health & safety and ESG and it is imperative that your role engages all necessary stakeholders to assess the challenges associated with the study, construction and operation stages of the project cycle in the selection, engineering and scheduling of the preferred project option.
Your experience, preferably gained at operational sites and in project roles, will assist you to lead multi-discipline engineering teams and consultants whilst effectively managing interaction with the Technical Services Group, Long Term Planning, Engineering, Global Projects and Asset Management stakeholders and Regulators to deliver successful engineering outcomes.
Your role will interact closely with both the site, regional and corporate management teams.
You will also be responsible for the development of all necessary engineering documentation in line with Newmont Investment System requirements to enable successful navigation of the internal stage gates and obtain the required permits to develop the projects.
• Tertiary Qualification specialising in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Process / Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent discipline;
• Extensive engineering experience in major mining projects;
• Significant experience in managing engineering studies for major projects;
• Extensive knowledge and experience in managing multi-disciplinary engineering teams and engineering consultants;
• Experience in the design, operation and management of mining complexes;
• The role will include studies both in Australia and Africa with a total investment greater than $100M, therefore experience with major projects in both these regions will be advantageous;
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multi-discipline teams and effectively manage priorities;
• Strong analytical capabilities and sound business sense, advanced documentation preparation skills with high attention to detail;
• Excellent vertical and horizontal communication skills, both written and verbal, with an emphasis on report writing and preparation of summary reports;
• Ability to articulate complex projects, and develop and present presentations which are accurate, concise and clearly identify risk / opportunity;
• Proven ability to think outside of the box’ and develop complex engineering solutions which are fit for purpose’.
On offer is an industry competitive remuneration package including annual performance incentives, gold level health insurance for employees and their families, and employee benefits and development opportunities a global organisation can support.
This position can operate remotely with the option to work 1 or 2 days per week from our Perth based office and travel to our mine sites when required.
Applications close on Sunday, 4 June 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic.
Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law.
Newmont may update its vaccination policies / requirements at any time in its sole discretion
Perth WA Australia
Major Studies Engineering Manager - Australia & Africa Perth WA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.