Whitehaven Coal Limited
Whitehaven Coal Limited Australia Australia
2 weeks ago
Sunday, 1 January 2023
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
About the Role
This position is accountable for providing engineering support including (but not limited to), designing, planning, scheduling and monitoring of overburden, coal removal and stockpiling.
We have multiple vacancies at our Gunnedah Open Cut Operations (Tarrawonga and Werris Creek), so enquire to see which would suit you the best!
What You’ll Do
• Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent
• Consolidate and provide Mining information including forecasts of Mining for short and medium-term scheduling
• Assist survey / mine planning / geology in reconciliation of modelled quantities with mining outcomes for feedback into... model and plan
• Ensure effective controls are in place so dig/dump designs are followed, by working with the surveyor and ensuring GPS plans are available for supervisors & dozers
• Ensure production budget is met by effective planning, scheduling and coordination of activities relating to the mining fleet
What You’ll Bring
• Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or similar
• Experience in open cut coal mine engineering
• Relationship management with a broad range of stakeholders
• Experience using mine planning software – Vulcan/SPRY/Gantt Scheduler/Miplan
Why Whitehaven Coal?
• Career Development, Mentorship and Coaching
• Full Relocation Packages
• Access to Salary Packaging Including Novated Leasing
• Salary Sacrifice Opportunities
• Attractive Salary and Bonus Scheme + $1k Company Shares
• Employee Referral Scheme - $3000 for Successful Referrals!
• 26 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the workplace. We are striving for an inclusive workplace that brings people from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants of diversity of gender, culture and experience.
Whitehaven Coal is working with the RSL Employment Program to support veterans and partners of current or former Defence members in finding meaningful and sustainable employment. If you would like assistance with your application, you can reachout to the program via the following link: https://www.rslqld.org/find-help/employment
Whitehaven Coal is an endorsed Circle Back Initiative Employer.
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia
Mining Engineer - Multiple Opportunities Australia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.