Bayshore HealthCare Mississauga Canada
2 weeks ago
The Senior Lab Technologists provide technical leadership to 3 dozen Lab Technologists and Lab Technicians with a multi-site hospital organization.
Acts as the technical resource in specialty and provides ongoing expertise to ensure quality of results and adherence to regulations and standards
• Ensures performance and submission of external quality control data and reviews results
• Along with the manager, identifies, evaluates and implements new testing technologies and methodologies, aligned to best practice
• Facilitates the validation and implementation of new instrumentation
• Facilitates training of staff within the specialty
• Coordinates equipment troubleshooting, repair, calibration, and maintenance and communicates issues to Manager
• Provides statistical summaries to the Manager and Director regarding workload and performance indicators
• Supports the manager in managing inventory and monitoring the budget within the discipline
•... Responsible for authoring and reviewing controlled documents
• Works in conjunction with other team members to prioritize, co-ordinate and complete area workload
• Performs routine and special testing procedures as per M.L.T. job description
• Actively participates in continuing education to possess current knowledge and technical expertise
• Shares responsibility for staff scheduling
• Other duties as assigned
We estimate the annual salary to be in the range of $82k to $96k, not counting the employer’s contribution of $7,500 to 9,200 to your HOOPP pension account annually. There is a family medical benefits plan, sick pay plan and the role starts with three weeks of paid vacation.
Need More Information?
For more detailed information regarding this opportunity or express your interest before making a formal application, contact the Director of Search Services at: [email protected]
For over 40 years, proudly helping healthcare workers take control of their career. Our “exemplary standing” with Accreditation Canada is held to the highest regard and is a testament to the fact that we upload the same hiring standards and patient care delivery as the facilities in which we serve.
“Carecor Health Services Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bayshore HealthCare, a leading provider of home and community health care services.”
Carecor is in accordance with provincial Accessibility regulations as well as Provincial Human Rights Code legislation.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Current C.M.L.T.O. or equivalent from other provinces
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Biochemistry Laboratory
• Undergraduate degree in related field or A.R.T.
• Demonstrated understanding of Quality Management Systems
• Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
• Strong computer skills
• Demonstrated commitment to Continuing Education
• Strong, demonstrated commitment to enhancing the quality and sustainability of laboratory services including customer satisfaction
• Excellent work ethic and attendance record
• At least two COVID vaccinations are required for all staff
Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist x 2, FT or PT Mississauga jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.